SR60 .. where to purchase??
May 25, 2004 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

3rdoptic

New Head-Fier
whats the best place to get these babies online? i need to get em shipped to Australia.. no not Austria.. Australia , the crocodile hunter land .. iv read heaps of reviews and apparently you cant go wrong
600smile.gif

May 25, 2004 at 10:55 AM Post #2 of 14
You can't purchase Grado's new for overseas shipment. Your only choice is buying them used or getting a pair of Alessandro MS-1's.

May 25, 2004 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 14
on york street mate (if youre in sydney)... i forgot the name of the shop, its not basement hifi, somewhere near there, (opposite road), it has stairs going down to the shop.
they had senns and grados.. but the SR60 is quite expensive if im not wrong.. just go there and check it out...

May 25, 2004 at 11:49 AM Post #7 of 14
The dealers on York Street are called Quality HiFi.
However I find the sales people there very arrogant and hence I will never buy anything there. BTW they also have the yellow Sennheiser 414 pads that can be used for grados.
RRP for SR60 is AU189.

Why not just order from headphones.com.au and get the ms-1.

May 25, 2004 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 14
I'm not in Australia, but I've had the sr60's and have the ms-1. That should tell you something. If the price isn't that much different - do your ears a favor and go for the ms-1. The sr60s were thin, bright, brittle - dare I say Grating?
wink.gif

And isn't headpones.com.au run by the friendly head-fier Snufkin?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #9 of 14
im such an ignorant, i just realised that Alessandro MS series is actually not a grado lineup ? ive been thinking than MS series are made by grados as well due the similarity of the shapes.

May 25, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 14
I would still like to give Grado a chance..there is a lot of talk on the street
smily_headphones1.gif
havent heard that much about MS-1 but im n00b.. they will turn out more expensive than SR60 .

yes the store is manned by Snufkin

May 25, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #13 of 14
The ms-1 is still a Grado - do a search.
wink.gif

And how do you suggest that he get new sr60s then? Grado won't allow authorized resellers sell outside the US. They let their local distributors price gouge instead. This tells me that they aren't really interested in international business, and are just making their products available with the least amount of hassle for them. But hey, that's their choice to give Alessandro-audio more customers. I will say that Snufkin's price is fair though.
wink.gif

There may be lots of talk on the street, but if you get a chance, listen to both and then decide for yourself which sounds better.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back