Sr60 still a good buy?
Mar 20, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 6
Really depends on your music taste. I can tell you for the money they are very good definately right in there at the top. Most will say for under $100 there #1. The thing with the grado's is you either love em or there not your thing. For me I found out I like a little more laid back can. The highs on sr60's seemed fatiguing to me. I could only listen for so long and then have to take a break. This is not so with my Sennheisers. But for the price to performance you get they are a awesome deal.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #3 of 6
I much prefer the MS-1 for a little more and I can't see a reason for buying the SR60 over something like the KSC75. The SR60 are a very bright and fatiguing can that provides very little isolation.

Do I think they're a good headphone? Yes. Do I think they are something you should settle for? No.

-Matt

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundscape
i highly doubt that(no offense), esp since the ms-1 is $99 or 95 or whatever.

True..

I guess what I meant is when most users say I have $100 to spend on some new cans most will recommend them or at least thats what I see in the forums.

Mar 20, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 6
NOTE: The ms-1's are not a grado. They're close, but they aren't the same. Technically, the ms-1's are better; however, if you're longing for that grado magic, IMO the ms-1's are not the ticket. If you've never heard a grado or would prefer something more monitor-like, the ms-1's are awesome (i'm actually contemplating buying another pair). However, If you have been seduced to the grado sound, you may find something lacking IMO from the ms-1's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back