SR125 + SB Live! = grittle????
May 31, 2002 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Kryogen

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my headphones, and I notice that the sound grittles. I checked on my denon reciever with dvd, and there was no grittle....

Plug back the phones on comp, here is the grittle.

Now, I remember, with the cheap sonys, I didn't hear it. With the speakers, I didn't hear it. WIth the sennheisers, I could hear it some, but with these, it'S oubvious and REALLY annoying. What could it be? What to do?
Crap!When there's bass, it just grits in the left speaker, why?
What can I do?

May 31, 2002 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 7
Kryogen
I have also noticed this grittle with my SR-80s and SBLive. I would blame the sound card before the cans. But in my case the grittle occurs only in some particular songs. IMO output of SBLive quite weak and is not able to handle the power requirements of the grados.
I would be upgrading to a better sound card soon (probabaly a Terratec DMX 6 Fire). Im sure that the grados deserve better source that the crapy SBLive.
BTW is the grittle noticeable at low volumes also?

RawHit

May 31, 2002 at 6:14 PM Post #3 of 7
What the heck is grittle?

May 31, 2002 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 7
I have used a cheap wire (but short, like 1 foot) to send the out signal to a harman kardon reciever that my dad had spare. I set the volume of the sound card almost on lowest, all balanced, straight signal, and output to phones with the ampli.

GOD THAT IS COOL.

All the grittle is gone, totally.
All I fear is that this cheap wire cuts some sound quality, but O well...

May 31, 2002 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 7
gloco,
I assumed Kryogen meant grattle or distortion
rolleyes.gif

May 31, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 7
You should get yourself a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I used to have an SB Live and the sound quality is MUCH better now that I have a TBSC.

May 31, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 7
Can you drive good headphones directly with a santa cruz or you need a headphone amp?

This brings us to the next question, how much is a fairly good headphone amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back