SR-80 still sounds so thin after two hour of burning in
Oct 19, 2002 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Silver

500+ Head-Fier
Hey so I have just bought a pair of SR-80 few hours ago and I have managed to burn it in for over 2 hours, still it sounds nothing but so thin... Am I just too impatient?

Oct 19, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 9
You're absolutely correct, Silver. You are quite a bit too impatient here. You see, Grados need a lot more than a F-ing 2 hours to burn in properly -- in fact, at least 24 to 48 hours.

Oct 19, 2002 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Silver
Just wondering, can I just leave the computer pumping mp3 to Grados for over a day?

yup, that's fine. I usually go for longer though.

Oct 19, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 9
When I was first burning in my cans, I did the same thing -- pumped MP3s into them day and night. I kept coming home from class or waking up the next morning really frustrated though because my computer kept crashing for no good reason. So I then turned off the hard drive idling, sleep mode, and screen saver.

It was just frustrating because I kept waking up thinking... "joy, now my cans will actually sound GOOD!... hey... wait a minute here...."

Oct 19, 2002 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 9
My SR-80s sounded like crap till after burn in. They sound much better.

I burned them in through playing computer games. That worked well.

Oct 20, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Silver
Hey so I have just bought a pair of SR-80 few hours ago and I have managed to burn it in for over 2 hours, still it sounds nothing but so thin... Am I just too impatient?

What is your source?
It just might not be the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back