SR-60s clamp?
Oct 28, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 7
depends how you bend the metal headband .

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #3 of 7
I've worn both and there's no comparison. Even straight out of the box, the clamping force of the Grados is far less than the Sennheisers.

Oct 28, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #4 of 7
Yes, they clamp and they hurt! I'm selling mine, but from what I've seen it's about 50/50 where or not people find these uncomfortable. For me, it was not a case of stretching the headband.

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP
Yes, they clamp and they hurt! I'm selling mine, but from what I've seen it's about 50/50 where or not people find these uncomfortable. For me, it was not a case of stretching the headband.

This quote might be a result of comparison between his beyers, which have pads that fit around the ear, versus grados, which have pads that rest on the ear. but folks should not think that they act like earmuffs, where pressure keeps the can on. just bend the band back until you don't feel pressure on your ears. some folks never get used to the feel of pads resting right on their ear, and consider it "clamping." well, my friend's HD280 has pads that go around the ear ("circumaural") and that thing clamps like a crab claw. it's not pressure on the ears, it's my head in a vise.

Oct 28, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 7
Bend the headband a bit, and viola. You can have them just rest on your ears if you want. The beyer dt880s (for comparison) I had had very little clamping force. They often moved around, and fell off my head. (I dance like a jackass when listening to music)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back