SR-60 w/ Sony MD walkman???
Aug 26, 2002 at 9:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Yes it will - won't sound that amazing though - whatever it is, the Sony MD's suck all the 'Gradoness' out of a Grado.

Aug 26, 2002 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Magicthyse
Yes it will - won't sound that amazing though - whatever it is, the Sony MD's suck all the 'Gradoness' out of a Grado.

You mean the straightforwardness of Grado?

Aug 26, 2002 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 8
I use my mzr900 w/ CHA47 and SR 60's. It is worthy, only cause the amp. I have been using my KSC 35's lately, and they are first on my list now for portability. I don't know which one to choose when I leave for work.

Aug 28, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 8
I use the SR60s with an MD walkman a lot. If I've just listened to a Koss or Sennheiser HD497 or Sony MDR V6 phone, the bass seems to come up a little short viscerally by comparison. But if I haven't, they sound great. I was up at 3 A.M. listening to them on my MZ-N707 discman last night, with the tone settings flat, and they sounded sweet. The bass to me is deep but restrained, that would be my reservation. Is it because there's no amp? Heck, I dunno. If you have tone controls on your 900 (rather than megabass), just go for +1 on the bass if you want a little more.

Aug 28, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #6 of 8
My sr-80 compliment my Sony MZ-R900 very well. R900 headphone amp is sufficient to drive the SR-80 in to a dangerously loud volume. Still, it sounds much better on my legendary discmans.

Purk

Aug 28, 2002 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 8
Most of the portable gears shall be able to power Grados due to the headphones' low impendance. However, I have to remind you that the Grado HP plug will not fit onto the HP jack of the "stick" SONY remote. Hence you may have to plug it into the HP jack of the MD unit directly. In that case you will be losing control since now new MD units don't have a LCD on it (luck the R900 has one).

Aug 28, 2002 at 2:19 PM Post #8 of 8
I have the MZ-N505 and MZ-N707 (both new models) and never use the remote to the 707 (the 505 doesn't even have a remote). They both have LCDs. I have a fairly new pair of SR 60s and maybe they changed the Sony remotes or the SR60s, but my Grados fit into the 707s remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back