SQ of the Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro
Apr 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I've been seriously for a while now been considering buying a set of these headphones for myself and seen quite a few people here in Perth Australia weariing them (heck knows how their Ipods drive em when their an 80 Ohm headphone).

Some questions re these headphones:

1. Are they comfortable?

2. Whats their SQ like ?

3. Freq range?

4. What type of music are they suitable for?

5. SQ vs Audio Technica ATH-ESW9

Thanks

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 5
I like these, if only for the reason that they're closed cans that are actually comfortable.  Actually, there are many other reasons to like these, especially if you like some strong and fairly accurate bass.  I just would not use them for acoustic music just because of the unbalanced frequency response. Overall, my impressions are similar to the review below, so I will just link that instead. It also includes some relevant discussion about the frequency response changing with sources that have higher output impedance (bass may well be too boomy for many out of such a source). It also links some HeadRoom frequency response graphs so you see what is meant by the V-shaped FR, with the boosted bass and treble.

May 2, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 5
What are you looking for from these headphones? Critical listening, or fun? If it's critical listening, look somewhere else. If it's fun you're after, you may have found it. And for comfort, well, look no further than beyers. Although, I should say, I owned the 250-ohm PRO model, so there may be some slight differences in sound. Great bass, kinda hot in the highs, and lots of fun. Did I mention that they are really really comfortable?

May 3, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 5

What would you suggest around $150? They're an excellent headphone, IMO. By far the most comfortable option in that price range, and they sound great for bass centric music. They aren't reference, but they're a good investment for only $150.
Quote:
not audiophile grade, grossly overpriced for what you get IMO, look elsewhere :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back