Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013
Apr 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #31 of 104
Meh...ear wax is sterile anyways (but no less disgusting) so a normal wipe from a tissue would do the same most likely.
Quote:
My source is my desktop so I can't lug that on public transit.  My portable solution is only 256 kbps files (for the sake of space) so it's not a fair comparison to try.  I can still bring my HD 650s with the black dragon cable if people wanna try it.  Will also bring my e17 with e09k dock if needed (seems we already have a few).

Well...we have had someone bring their entire desktop to the meet once... That being said you should bring along your portable source if you have any portable headphones or IEMs you wanna try out. I would suggest bringing part of your music collection on a usb key, most of us will have laptops and I know for me, wouldn't mind others trying out their music on my setup.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #32 of 104
Apr 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #35 of 104

Finally got off my butt long enough to fab up the chassis for the Bijou.  I actually bought the HD650s just so I could build this amp.  Hopefully I can get this thing built up before the meet since the EHHA Rev. A didn't meet expectations with the CD3000s.  If this doesn't work out I might give up the whole DIY thing; the cost performance benefit of DIY just doesn't seem to be that great now that there are so many good commercial offerings.

Apr 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #36 of 104
Anyone bringing a Crack OTL? =P

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #37 of 104
I just picked up an AKG K550 and I will be bringing that instead of the HD650, since so many people are bringing it. =)

Apr 15, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #38 of 104
Quote:
Anyone bringing a Crack OTL? =P

+1 on the Crack!  I already had the transformer and tubes kicking around to build the Bijou, but if I didn't, I probably would have built the Crack instead.

Meet Update:
Link to updated equipment list added to first post.
PM sent to anyone who showed any interest in this meet letting them know of the meet details.  People who are out of the country or who otherwise have responded that they cannot make it were not PMed.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #39 of 104
Quote:
+1 on the Crack!  I already had the transformer and tubes kicking around to build the Bijou, but if I didn't, I probably would have built the Crack instead.

Meet Update:
Link to updated equipment list added to first post.
PM sent to anyone who showed any interest in this meet letting them know of the meet details.  People who are out of the country or who otherwise have responded that they cannot make it were not PMed.

+2 on the crack!

Quote:
Meh...ear wax is sterile anyways (but no less disgusting) so a normal wipe from a tissue would do the same most likely.

Well...we have had someone bring their entire desktop to the meet once... That being said you should bring along your portable source if you have any portable headphones or IEMs you wanna try out. I would suggest bringing part of your music collection on a usb key, most of us will have laptops and I know for me, wouldn't mind others trying out their music on my setup.

Haha, my source is also my desktop, but I wouldn't lug my beast over... its watercooled and i dont want to break my back doing it haha. I'll have my Nexus 4, but I'll also bring my laptop with some flac files.

Apr 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #41 of 104
Quote:
Can I bring my hd 650s and try it out on all the different amplifiers? -_-"

Sure, that's half the fun of a meet!

Apr 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #42 of 104
So i've never been to a meet before so I'm not sure what we're allowed to do. Is this basically something where we can use eachothers equipments and just celebrate the love of audio? I so want to try out a tzar 350 and it seems to be on the equipment list lol.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #43 of 104
Quote:
So i've never been to a meet before so I'm not sure what we're allowed to do. Is this basically something where we can use eachothers equipments and just celebrate the love of audio? I so want to try out a tzar 350 and it seems to be on the equipment list lol.

I would hope so....

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #44 of 104
Quote:

I believe that's the point of a meet??  haha otherwise it seems a bit pointless.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #45 of 104
Yes, we all like to try out each other's equipment, maybe try out new combinations.

I had people try out my Q701 and have had people tell me they sound great, but one guy said "too bright!" I've tried different amps with my 'phones, etc, etc.

Just ask the owner first. Most guys are pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back