Spring Toronto Meet - Saturday May 04, 2013
Apr 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104

greyhorse

100+ Head-Fier
All:

This thread was created so anyone could quickly see where things are at with preparations for this meet.
I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the IC thread, and offer special thanks to merkil for getting the ball rolling with this meet.

Event Information:
Date: Saturday May 04, 2013
Time: 12:00PM-6:00PM (venue will be open from 11:00AM for setup)
Location: Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre, 30 Carlton St. Toronto, ON M5B 2E9
Entry Fee: Free (donations are gladly accepted)

The following presentation contains pictures of the room as well as parking information.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1icvO7x45BXu2h9hCI32f_Pa3vgDCoAoVyeNYvhTPLkQ/edit?usp=sharing

The People:

Event Planning: greyhorse (IRL Jeff)

Hosts: MickeyVee (PT)

Security: 2? positions available

Confirmed or Tentative Attendees (28):
greyhorse
Chris J
MickeyVee
Kroc
azncookiecutter
tdunks
AlanHell
monoglycer
Apo0th3karY
Stapsy
danielghofrani (tentative)
FNgr8
jrprana
ambchang
FightBrothers
Zoom25
ngyu
joebobbilly
FallenAngel
meiaen
Zida
jono454
Gozzer
zyxwvutsr
jchrist
2-i
TheGomdoRi
Clsmooth391

The Equipment:

Extension Cords:
MickeyVee x 2
Chris J x 1

Power Bars:
MicketVee x 2?
Chris J x 1

Updated Equipment List:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkYIB7lZ-6BCdFJhUWxnQnlfRnhZdHRDbERoaXo5ZXc&usp=sharing

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 104
What still has to get arranged...

Host:
The only meet I have been to was to philodox's flat for a Hamilton Meet.  philodox was a gracious host and made everyone feel welcome, which is something we are going to need to make even newer members feel comfortable at this one.  I could give this role a whack, but I will likely end up mentally traumatizing a few people instead, so I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to act as a host for this meet.

Security:
One issue at another meet was when everyone left for lunch and there was no one there to guard the equipment.  While this meet might be on the short? side at 6H, I am sure people would like to go out for refreshments throughout the afternoon.  Between myself, the Host and 2? security volunteers, I think we can cover the length of the meet.  How we are going to arrange this is yet to be decided, but I would like to ask if anyone is willing to volunteer for this.

Extension Cords and Power Bars:
MickeyVee has generously offered to bring 2 extension cords and a couple of power bars.  From what I can see of the room layout provided by the Holiday Inn, there are 10 outlets arrayed around the room.  My current room layout proposal is shown in the presentation I have linked in the previous post.  Even with 10 outlets, we will probably need more extension cords and power bars.  Can anyone who can help with bringing extension cords or extra power bars, please PM me to let me know?  If everyone could also try to bring as many power bars as are needed for their own gear, that would be great.  If anyone has a better suggestion for arranging the tables, please let me know.  Thanks.

Attendance:
There are a lot of people on the IC spreadsheet who either cannot go or have lost interest in the meet.  In order to figure out who is still planning on attending, I am asking everyone to please send me a PM to confirm attendance.  I would also like to make hardcopies of each member's equipment list so they can have these handy at the meet (this practice makes sense and seems to be getting common).  Could everyone also please provide their updated equipment list?  Thank you.

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 104
Meet Guidelines:
This is basically copy and paste from other meet threads but please see the following meet guidelines.

Preparations for the meet: 
Please PM me your attendance and gear list if you have not already done so.  This will help us create individual equipment lists for each “booth”.
Wash your hair and ears as thoroughly as possible.
Avoid the application of any hair products or anything that will soil ear pads or headbands.   Wearing deodorant on the other hand is recommended.
Try to label any small accessories with your name.  These apparently get misplaced occasionally, and labelling will make it easier for them to be returned to you.
Bring a power bar with enough outlets to power your own gear.  Any extra power bars or extension cords are greatly appreciated; so far it looks like we will not have enough.
Try to bring something soft or stable for your headphones to rest on.  This will reduce the likelihood of your headphones getting damaged.
Try to eat an early lunch before the meet.  No outside food or drink is allowed at the hotel, so you will have to step out for any refreshments.
Wash your hands prior to entering the venue if they have become soiled in anyway. 

At the meet:
Please treat all gear with the utmost care and respect.
Ask if you are unsure how to operate a piece of equipment.
Do not remove any cables or make any other changes to a setup without the owner's permission.
Do not remove any gear from a setup without the owner's permission.
Please treat other members with the utmost respect.

Thanks.

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #6 of 104
Still comin' out, baby!

AKG Q701
Beyer DT880
Sennheiser HD424 balanced
maybe some bogus ATH-ESW10 Japan

FiiO E09K, E17, E12
La Figaro 336C
iPod & Waddya digital dock

Power bar & extension cord

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 104
i'll be coming and bringing a HD650. My amp is the Essence STX... so unfortunately I doubt I'll bring my tower down.

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #9 of 104
I'm still in!
Equiment: Schiit Bifrost/Lyr MacBook Air, Senn HD700, HiFiMAN HE500, vModa M100 (probably on a iPad Mini) and possibly a new Audinst HUD-MX2 if ist's in by then.
I'll bring long extension cords and a few power bars.
I can get there early and would help with hosting duties.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #10 of 104
I'll be bringing the planars.

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 104
Quote:
Nice man, what impedance on that puppy?

600 Ohms and don't call my headphones dogs!   
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #14 of 104
Quote:
I'm still in!
Equiment: Schiit Bifrost/Lyr MacBook Air, Senn HD700, HiFiMAN HE500, vModa M100 (probably on a iPad Mini) and possibly a new Audinst HUD-MX2 if ist's in by then.
I'll bring long extension cords and a few power bars.
I can get there early and would help with hosting duties.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Great!
You can see your old E17 with it's new companions: the E09K and the E12. 
And I can listen to your HD700 and Lyr again!

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #15 of 104
I'll be there.  Though the gear I have will already be brought by others.  Should I still bring something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back