Spring 1 vs Spring 2
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tjhfirefighter

Head-Fier
Have BQEYZ Spring 1’s and love them. The sound stage and imaging are beautiful. Looking for opinions whether updating to Spring 2 is worth it from others who have. IMO not sure how could significantly improve enough to shell out another 170$.

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #2 of 3
Have BQEYZ Spring 1’s and love them. The sound stage and imaging are beautiful. Looking for opinions whether updating to Spring 2 is worth it from others who have. IMO not sure how could significantly improve enough to shell out another 170$.

You can ask in BQEYZ thread instead, we can have conversation there.
I assume you have original state spring 1 without mods? If yes the Spring 2 is like final version of the beta spring you have currently, a little bit better bass but still have big mid and upper bass but much more clean and fast (the spring 1 bass is bloated because of mesh cloth damper behind the nozzle grill). Mids are better in Spring 2 too, again they are not using mesh cloth damper on spring 2 but they are giving damper on mids BA and retune them. Same airy soundstage and great imaging. Better cable and fit. Its not huge upgrade IMHO but spring 2 is a better spring than spring 1. If you can spend another $170 without sweating at all and you love similar signature, you can try the Spring 2. Lets continue about this Spring talks in BQEYZ thread. You can read my review too, and i wrote about Spring 1 mods on BQEYZ thread if you want to take a look. Have a nice day and welcome to Head Fi, as always here "sorry for your wallet"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back