Spotify, Tidal, GPM,Deezer
Aug 1, 2018 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

EnDva

New Head-Fier
I know most od you use foobar2k and Spotify/Tidal.

Anyone else uses Deezer? What are your experiences compared to other streaming services? Why do you like one over the other?

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 19
I've used Deezer before. It's not bad. Their library seems to be smaller than Spotify's or Google's, probably on par with Tidal.

Unfortunately the music discovery options are pretty poor. There's a bunch of playlists serving you mainstream music in several genres and apart from that you're pretty much on your own when it comes to finding new artists or releases. They have a feature called Flow which is like a radio station that's supposed to play music related to the music you've listened to in the past. It fails miserably. It doesn't even care if you dislike a suggested track; it'll keep playing it till you eventually unsubscribe.

Really depends on what you're after. If it's lossless, then I'd say Deezer is definitely better than Tidal (the UI and at least some music discovery.) If you want good music discovery options then Spotify, hands down, not even a contest. GPM offers some pretty good suggestions as well, but the library is smaller, you get less suggestions and less curated playlists from all kinds of different radios, djs, musicians, labels etc.

I've also tried Apple Music, but no matter what their service might be offering, I'd have to go insane to stomach that iTunes cluster**** on my PC for more than an evening. There's also Amazon Music, but their library is severely lacking compared to the competition, I couldn't find half of my favorite songs on there.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 19
I agree with you on the flow option, it is lacking a bit. Repeating the same songs over and over again. As far as I know they don't have have lossless, their HQ option od 320kbps.

Aug 2, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 19
They do, actually.

https://www.deezer.com/en/offers/hifi

It's a bit of a failure on their part that you, as their customer, don't even know about it. It's not easy to see on their website either. One would think they should advertise this feature all over the place since there's not much competition as far as lossless streaming goes yet and, not to be harsh, but it's pretty much the only feature that puts any value in their product...

So why have you chosen Deezer as your go to streaming app?

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 19
The choice came down to the fact that they were the only ones who offered the family plan in Slovenia. GPM is the other one avaliable but don't offer the family plan here.

i don't get the family plan idea that several of these sites are selling. how do they know you're not using it on 10 devices you own? what makes it a family plan or just a guy with a big house and many devices?

Aug 10, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 19
i don't get the family plan idea that several of these sites are selling. how do they know you're not using it on 10 devices you own? what makes it a family plan or just a guy with a big house and many devices?

As far as I know you can use the same account on as many diffrent devices as you want. Deezer only limits you in your ability to use them at the same time. Family plan alows you to have diffrent profiles( up to 6 for Deezer) where they can play music independent od eachother and not be influenced in music genre and style.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #8 of 19
As far as I know you can use the same account on as many diffrent devices as you want. Deezer only limits you in your ability to use them at the same time. Family plan alows you to have diffrent profiles( up to 6 for Deezer) where they can play music independent od eachother and not be influenced in music genre and style.

Ah thanks, that is a good explanation.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #9 of 19
Okay I'm a few years late into the party but, having deezer and spotify available in my country and both offer same pricing for their premium subscription that is both streams at 320kbps bit rate, only differs on music format because deezer uses mp3 as opposed to spotifies' ogg vorbis. Which the two has better sound quality on a 320 kbps bit rate? I need your feedback guys as I have no idea.

Apr 10, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #10 of 19
Just get a trial for each one and pick the one you like. Probably squatify is better as long as you're ok with lossy streaming.

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #11 of 19
Spotify have a really useful option Spotify connect. You can control any device that is playing at the moment from another device. Like remote control in full Spotify interface.

Apr 27, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 19
There is Tidal connect also.

Apr 27, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #14 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back