Spotify deletes downloads on Pioneer XDP-100R
Aug 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

qb46

New Head-Fier
I am fairly new to posting on the site but am very appreciative of the great insights I have gleaned from the forums.

The issue I am having is that I download music onto my XDP-100r and it works for a few days and then does the following:

1. When I launch spotify I am forced to log in -- all music is gone
2. It will say that I am offline and when I go to listen to my downloaded content they are erased
3. I have tried offline mode and within a week it forces me to log our (issue #1)
4. I have tried downloading to the internal and SD card and it hasn't made any material difference
5. I have cleared the cache, deleted the app and wiped my SD card (per spotify support suggstions) and the program persists.

Any suggestions on what is causing this issue would be extremely helpful .

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 4
I had the same issue on my XDP-100r. I deleted the app and reloaded it and didn't have the issue again.

Do you have more than 3 devices tied to your Spotify account?

Aug 3, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for your message. I have tried this and it didn't make a difference. Your question about the number of devices is a good one. I use spotify on 2 devices and what I have noticed on occassion is that spotify will delete my content because it believes i have exceeded the number of devices. I am not sure why this happens and assume it is the XDP-100r causing the problem as I have never had content deleted from my phone.

Aug 3, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 4
No problem. Yeah, I went to use my Spotify at work and all the data is gone... again.

I think the other issue is that if the device is offline long enough it will also delete the date. I've had this happen on my X7ii as well.

Same here. The only device that has never had an issue is my iPhone. Maybe because that device is always online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back