Sponsor Review Program--Win the Tronsmart Force 2 BT Speaker to review
Feb 22, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #46 of 53
r users: Although the DSP helps, more bass is needed for this to be an instant-recommendation. It can sound thin outside.
- Design is gr
Transmart Force 2 Review:
I used to travel a ton for business, loving to bring a small Bluetooth speaker with me to connect my laptop or phone and use it for calls and background music at the various offices. A JBL charge 4 served that purpose for a long time until I left it at a family member's place never to be seen again (they loved it.) I bought a few other portables that were just disappointing. Then I saw Transmart asking for reviews of the Force 2 via Head-Fi. My first reaction? They must have a TON of confidence in this thing. It's only $70 and not exactly a Head-Fi type product at first sight. Reviews are gonna be cringe-y I was wrong. Very very wrong. Let me explain:

Unboxing:
20210218_104557.jpg

Build:
I'm incredibly impressed. The body has a rubberized coating and a seemingly durable speaker covering. Transmart got this thing IPX7 certified, which means you can take it just about anywhere without much concern, rain or shine. This is how much again? Used it while shoveling this morning's fresh Buffalo, NY snowfall.
Snow.jpg
Sound:
For Roughly $70 owners will get 30w pumped out of two small drivers and two passive radiators -- It looks strikingly similar to the JBL Flip series, but with a few upgrades. The DSP Transmart seems to point out heavily in the literature in/on the box, really seems to work well. Although there is bass roll-off, the sound isn't thin and the DSP does a great job utilizing midbass to make up for the lack of physical size. This is a punchy, clear speaker. Vocals come out a bit forward, which I like a lot since I love listening to podcasts as I start my morning. So it seems to hold up on its own, but how doe it compare to others? I decided to compare directly to my JBL Link Portable -- a current WiFi/Bluetooth smart speaker of similar size and weight -- but $180 new. I have this, and a number of JBL Link Music speakers all over the house for a Google whole-home audio system. The JBL definitely extended a bit lower, but that's about all I preferred. The Force 2 was a much louder speaker with a more balanced and cleaner sound. Pretty neat :)
20210221_114628.jpg

- The Bluetooth 5 chip in use is awesome. I never had any connection issues or even distance cutouts throughout my entire home.
- Durable and IPX7 certified.
- LOUD. 30 watts into a speaker this small is cool and doesn't seem to distort until the upper limits.
- DSP/tuning is excellent inside and while closeby outside.
- Call quality is excellent

Dislikes:
-Outdoor users: Although the DSP helps, more bass is needed for this to be an instant-recommendation. It can sound thin outside.
- Design is great but make a bigger one. Near identical, with drivers that can go lower.

I can confidently recommend this for casual use. If you're looking for a speaker to do tasks around the house or have a small outdoor meal, then this is pretty great. Those looking for better codecs and big bass will want to look at other products or wait for a larger size. Thanks, Transmart for this opportunity. I look forward to your future products and welcome you warmly to the Head-Fi community.
Thanks for the honest review bro! Based on your trust and encouragement, we will be more motivated to design better products! BTW, the picture of the snow scene is so beautiful!

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #47 of 53
Let me start by thanking you guys for picking me to get this speaker. I appreciate it a lot.
I will be offering it to whoever else would like to review it and that person can do the same and send it to someone else. I suppose a loaner tour.

Packaging: Packaging is pretty good. Very professionally packed. Looks shelf ready for sale. My only concern was no owners manual inside the box. For me it wasn't an issue and was extremely easy to figure out.

Build: The build quality on this thing is remarkable! I'd say it's on par with the JBL offerings. Feels really solid in the hands and seems like it would survive a small drop.

Sound: OK.... so I have mixed feelings regarding the sound, and that has to do with volume.

It states that there's 30w of output. That very well may be but do you get a true ,clean , rms 30w? No. I'd guess maybe 15 of those watts are clean and transparent.
Now..... I pulled out 3 JBL speakers to compare it to. Flip 4, Xtreme 1 , and Charge 3. I put the charge and xtreme back after giving the tronsmart a go. It is a perfect comparison to the Flip4.

I did the comparison at 3 volume levels on each speaker. 1/3 , 2/3 and full volume.
At 1/3 volume the Flip and Tronsmart trade blows. The TM had a deeper bass presence with good impact and slam. The mids came through pretty clean and the treble had nice extension and inviting presence. Nice dynamic presentation.
The Flip in comparison had a better balanced sound coming in more transparent with comparable impact but bigger dynamic swings. The Flip does lack the bass extension and slam of the TM but not by a huge amount.

2/3 volume: This is where things get interesting and fast. The TM starts to get grainy and smeared. It starts to lose its focus and separation. The bass loses its accuracy and starts to distort. Still not terrible at this volume but anything past it has me worried.
The Flip is still extremely clean and transparent. Basically sounds the same at 1/3 volume but just louder.

Full volume: Well.... this lasted all but 20 to 30 seconds with the TM. Heavy distortion and basically a jumbled mess that is hard to listen to.
The Flip on the other hand at full volume has very minimal grain in the upper mids. Does start to sound a little dry but its very minimal and still pretty transparent with no smear. At this volume though the bass fades away from the overall picture. Treble and midrange become more forward. But hey, it's not a mess and still sounds really good.

Conclusion:
The Tronsmart is a really good sounding speaker if you stay around half volume or lower. Who knows maybe mine is defective because it doesn't line up with what others have heard.
I'm not sure what the price point will be with the TM. If it's around $100 I would be buying the JBL. I used to have a JBL clip and I would say that the TM outperforms the clip. The TM is a no brainer at that price point.

Thank you guys again for the opportunity.
If anyone else would like to give this speaker a go , send me a pm.

Cheers,
Sam

Feb 22, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #48 of 53
Let me start by thanking you guys for picking me to get this speaker. I appreciate it a lot.
I will be offering it to whoever else would like to review it and that person can do the same and send it to someone else. I suppose a loaner tour.

Packaging: Packaging is pretty good. Very professionally packed. Looks shelf ready for sale. My only concern was no owners manual inside the box. For me it wasn't an issue and was extremely easy to figure out.

Build: The build quality on this thing is remarkable! I'd say it's on par with the JBL offerings. Feels really solid in the hands and seems like it would survive a small drop.

Sound: OK.... so I have mixed feelings regarding the sound, and that has to do with volume.

It states that there's 30w of output. That very well may be but do you get a true ,clean , rms 30w? No. I'd guess maybe 15 of those watts are clean and transparent.
Now..... I pulled out 3 JBL speakers to compare it to. Flip 4, Xtreme 1 , and Charge 3. I put the charge and xtreme back after giving the tronsmart a go. It is a perfect comparison to the Flip4.

I did the comparison at 3 volume levels on each speaker. 1/3 , 2/3 and full volume.
At 1/3 volume the Flip and Tronsmart trade blows. The TM had a deeper bass presence with good impact and slam. The mids came through pretty clean and the treble had nice extension and inviting presence. Nice dynamic presentation.
The Flip in comparison had a better balanced sound coming in more transparent with comparable impact but bigger dynamic swings. The Flip does lack the bass extension and slam of the TM but not by a huge amount.

2/3 volume: This is where things get interesting and fast. The TM starts to get grainy and smeared. It starts to lose its focus and separation. The bass loses its accuracy and starts to distort. Still not terrible at this volume but anything past it has me worried.
The Flip is still extremely clean and transparent. Basically sounds the same at 1/3 volume but just louder.

Full volume: Well.... this lasted all but 20 to 30 seconds with the TM. Heavy distortion and basically a jumbled mess that is hard to listen to.
The Flip on the other hand at full volume has very minimal grain in the upper mids. Does start to sound a little dry but its very minimal and still pretty transparent with no smear. At this volume though the bass fades away from the overall picture. Treble and midrange become more forward. But hey, it's not a mess and still sounds really good.

Conclusion:
The Tronsmart is a really good sounding speaker if you stay around half volume or lower. Who knows maybe mine is defective because it doesn't line up with what others have heard.
I'm not sure what the price point will be with the TM. If it's around $100 I would be buying the JBL. I used to have a JBL clip and I would say that the TM outperforms the clip. The TM is a no brainer at that price point.

Thank you guys again for the opportunity.
If anyone else would like to give this speaker a go , send me a pm.

Cheers,
Sam
We do have the manual for Force 2. Could you please check your package again? Inside the black paper bag.
1614048871543.png

Btw, GOOD IDEA! Sample tour :D Is anyone else interested in this speaker? lol

Mar 10, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #51 of 53
Apologies for the delay. I need pictures, then the full review will be posted. I thought I would tease you with a bit from my conclusion...much obliged!

For some the item in question may be the only item they can afford or may be an item, which will last them a long time. Too often in our “hobby” we bounce from item to item, thinking that “this is better” or “that is better.” We as reviewers feed into this by flying through reviews as record pace. Or when we have the “updated” version or new model, or competitor. I get it. There will always be something at the same price, which you think may be better. Or newer. Or move up to the higher bracket. I am just as guilty but have found my nirvanic sounds thankfully. As such, I think I can objectively judge products and give the manufacturer what they are looking for long term (not that others can’t). And something such as the Force 2 should be looked at long term. Especially since it has the ability to pair and chain with many (up to 100+) of the same speakers.

In this regard, there lies one of the true values in the Tronsmart. You could happily have these around your house or garage or yard or pool and play some pretty good music. While your neighbors might not approve of your music choices, all you need is to invite them over and that should make them happy. Socially distanced, of course.

Apr 14, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #52 of 53
My review is posted. Apologies for the delay. I did really enjoy the Force 2 and could see it as a worthy addition to one's backyard set up, especially in Broadcast Mode paired with a dedicated subwoofer. Audiophile sound comes to BT speakers!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tronsmart-force-2.24925/reviews

Cheers.

Feb 19, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #53 of 53
It is weekend already, and we are ready to have some fun, blast some music, and take a road trip with our friends! A product like Force 2 from Tronsmart is perfect for this, and it will provide the volume, battery life and portability for a short trip with your friends!! You can ready more about my impressions on it in today's full written review~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/tronsmart-force-2-portable-troublemaker.html

Tronsmart-Force-2-Force2-Bluetooth-aptX-LDAC-Portable-Speaker-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back