SPL Phonitor Heapdhone Monitoring Amplifier - Head-Fi TV, Episode 009
Sep 26, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #67 of 77

Quote:
Question to jude:

Why are you wearing a Heckler & Koch t-shirt in this review?

Quote:
To cover my manly chest?

Quote:
yeah....right....
i always had a split opinion on guns...

I'm all for guns when used properly, and when I'm not facing the wrong end of one.  
tongue_smile.gif

(my car license plate used to be NRA4EVR during the Clinton years)

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #68 of 77
My office system is:
- MacBookAir playing ALAC with Decibel
- Meyer Audio StageDac
- Meyer Audio Concerto (headphone amp)
- Grado RS1i and Beyer T1

Mainly listen to Rock, Hardrock, Jazz, Pop and Progressive.

Would the Phonitor be a relevant upgrade to the Concerto? If not, wich alternative even without crossfeed as the StageDac already has that function.

Budget up to 5.000€.

Thanks.

Apr 9, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #71 of 77
I love the look of this amp and I've almost pulled the trigger on one a half dozen times. The only thing holding me back is its output impedance of 9Ω, since a large number of my headphones are 50 or less.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #72 of 77
Quote:
I love the look of this amp and I've almost pulled the trigger on one a half dozen times. The only thing holding me back is its output impedance of 9Ω, since a large number of my headphones are 50 or less.

David seems to like his TH900 with this amp: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_TH900

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #73 of 77
An interesting video Jude. However today we have software implementations for this kind of device - I doubt with the very same effects though, but maybe a more advanced thinking. For example, FIDELIA's FX headphone module. More importantly, I noticed the Heckler&Koch T-shirt you are wearing, which proves that a world class intellect is lurking behind it. Do wear ear protection however!

BTW, I have a Centrance M8 on its way and an HK .45c too. It is possible that great minds think alike?

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #74 of 77

Reporting back after getting one and trying it with the TH900: it mates absolutely flawlessly. There is also a -20dB switch which is there specially for low-impedance headphones. I'm using mine with this switch off, don't really see any need for it.

Nov 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #75 of 77
Here the NEW PHONITOR 2!regards nomax

Users who are viewing this thread

Back