Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread
Oct 25, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #17 of 317
I can confirm this is a good combo 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #19 of 317
if i ever go rich/customs - this is the one CIEM i get

(drools)

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #21 of 317
I have to say this combo is truly mesmerizing. Ultimate users should all try it.

Looks like the ultimate, truly portable, set up! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #23 of 317
Hi all,

In an attempt to revive this thread, I'm posting a (cell phone) photo which I just took of my first ciem's, the freshly arrived SE5 Ultimate! They are transparant black with red filling.
In the past few months, I tried to read everything I could about them. I could find a lot about the Reference version, but this thread has slowed down unfortunately. Now, I finally have them in my hands. Now I can enjoy the sound myself!

I wanted to connect them to my Lake People amp which has no mini-jack, but it seems my standard adapter plug doesn't fit on the iem cable (it does on my other iem's). Seems like the headphone jack is slightly shorter than on my other iem's. So listening with my preferred setup will not be for today unfortunately. Unless I can find a suitable adapter. Not sure if I got one.
Listening to them with my DX90 is already very promising though, but I only listened to a few songs. So, no impressions yet.

But happy already!

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #24 of 317
  Hi all,

In an attempt to revive this thread, I'm posting a (cell phone) photo which I just took of my first ciem's, the freshly arrived SE5 Ultimate! They are transparant black with red filling.
In the past few months, I tried to read everything I could about them. I could find a lot about the Reference version, but this thread has slowed down unfortunately. Now, I finally have them in my hands. Now I can enjoy the sound myself!

I wanted to connect them to my Lake People amp which has no mini-jack, but it seems my standard adapter plug doesn't fit on the iem cable (it does on my other iem's). Seems like the headphone jack is slightly shorter than on my other iem's. So listening with my preferred setup will not be for today unfortunately. Unless I can find a suitable adapter. Not sure if I got one.
Listening to them with my DX90 is already very promising though, but I only listened to a few songs. So, no impressions yet.

But happy already!

Ok, I'm jealous!  Congratulations!

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #25 of 317
They look awesome. Grzegorz received my Reference pair today and I am upgrading to the Ultimate but unfortunately have to wait a few weeks due to his existing workload I guess.

I have gone for the transparent blue colour, which I hope looks good when I get them back. It was so much easier to choose when Spiral Ears just offered two colour options on the Reference!

Let us know how you find them.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #26 of 317
I'm interested. How would this CIEM stand up to something like HD800? any comparison would be great

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #28 of 317
I recently got these IEMs as well and let me say they are amazing! I had JH16s prior but these are just on another level. I am in the market for a cable upgrade as the right angled adapter causes a lot of unwanted friction with my player, any recommendations for sellers that cater to SE connectors?

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #29 of 317
I recently got these IEMs as well and let me say they are amazing! I had JH16s prior but these are just on another level. I am in the market for a cable upgrade as the right angled adapter causes a lot of unwanted friction with my player, any recommendations for sellers that cater to SE connectors?
Beat Audio, they are used to my Spiral Ears requests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back