Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread
Nov 7, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #301 of 317
Anybody ordered the se6 from spiral ears lately? How do they stack up against modern flagships?

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #303 of 317
Do you mean SE5, by the thread title, or SE6? I do have SE6 currently and I'll be switching to SE6 EDGE in the near future.
Haven't owned any SE5, though.
I mean se6. Do they sound amazing?

Aug 27, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #305 of 317
What happened to Spiral Ears nowadays? I haven't seen anything about them or heard a word for more than a year.

Sep 6, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #306 of 317
What happened to Spiral Ears nowadays? I haven't seen anything about them or heard a word for more than a year.
I was wondering this myself. I’ve been daily driving the SE5U for nearly 4/5 years now and they’ve garnered enough goodwill with me to be considered for my next ciem but the dearth of exposure/updates leads me of thinking to try elsewhere next time around.

Sep 7, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #309 of 317
I almost forgot that I was still subbed to this thread :)

anyone experienced their universal range yet?

Also interested in the above. Wondering how the fit of these universals would turn out.

Btw, it's definitely a positive that the universal IEMs are cheaper than the custom ones, but I still don't understand the part: (incl. 23% VAT, export within EU). As far as I know there's no such thing as VAT within the EU, right? Or does Spiral Ear lose that percentage on the total amount when they sell an IEM within the EU? If not, then it's just a plain 23% profit (compared to the ones that they sell outside the EU) on their side I guess...

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #310 of 317
I almost forgot that I was still subbed to this thread :)

Also interested in the above. Wondering how the fit of these universals would turn out.

Btw, it's definitely a positive that the universal IEMs are cheaper than the custom ones, but I still don't understand the part: (incl. 23% VAT, export within EU). As far as I know there's no such thing as VAT within the EU, right? Or does Spiral Ear lose that percentage on the total amount when they sell an IEM within the EU? If not, then it's just a plain 23% profit (compared to the ones that they sell outside the EU) on their side I guess...

Recently I got a chance to audition SE6 Edge universal. I was amazed how close it sounds to my custom SE6 Edge, which I'm very familiar with since about year and a half of ownership already, and I'm currently considering their universal as my daily alternative. Really impressed and it's exactly as they say!

I was afraid how the fit would turn out in their universals due to my funny-shaped ears, but the fit was great and they were very comfortable to my ears. To this day I didn't experience anything that beats my SE6 Edge in sound and performance department <happyface> :D.

Yes, there's 23% VAT in Poland and when they ship anywhere within EU they lose that percentage.

I also had that VAT amount included when I ordered my CIEMS to Germany.

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #311 of 317
Recently I got a chance to audition SE6 Edge universal. I was amazed how close it sounds to my custom SE6 Edge, which I'm very familiar with since about year and a half of ownership already, and I'm currently considering their universal as my daily alternative. Really impressed and it's exactly as they say!

I was afraid how the fit would turn out in their universals due to my funny-shaped ears, but the fit was great and they were very comfortable to my ears. To this day I didn't experience anything that beats my SE6 Edge in sound and performance department <happyface> :D.

Yes, there's 23% VAT in Poland and when they ship anywhere within EU they lose that percentage.

Intriguing. I’ve grown to love my SE5U CIEMs but that is intriguing regarding the universals - quite a chunky difference in price too. Decisions, decisions.

Nov 18, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #312 of 317

Thanks for sharing! Did you end up ordering the universal versions in the end?

Also curious to hear what the differences in sound were between the custom and universal versions. Did you feel you lost any of the organic / visceral feeling? I particularly like it in my custom SE5U and I’ve always thought it was due to having so much silicone material in contact with the ear canal.

Oct 17, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #315 of 317
which SE model is the most neutral/reference/airy ?

i hate rolled off highs and v shaped tunings , looking for something as good (if not better) as NT6 which is fantastic fr the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back