SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Feb 1, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #526 of 1,133
What Spinfit need to do is release another tip using the same concept with a larger bore because the small bore on the ones I own diffuse the midrange too much, kills vocals. The concept is unique and works well fit wise, also has some sound positives, but they really need another option with a wider bore, around Sennheiser CX300 stock tip size. They can continue selling the others but take that idea further and expand to a greater variety.

I agree.

Here`s Japanese (CP100) Spinfit I sliced in half, which shows how narrow the sound tube is.  (The CP800 must be incredibly narrow)

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #527 of 1,133
  I agree.

Here`s Japanese (CP100) Spinfit I sliced in half, which shows how narrow the sound tube is.  (The CP800 must be incredibly narrow)

I understand the tips will still require a pivot section to allow bending, maybe that's not an issue because the nozzle meshing (sound grill) will basically push up that far. But you can see the areas outlined which could be shaved, (probably require a new mould though)

Need to open up that front bore and provide a wider diameter. If they could widen the pivot section too it would be even better. Maybe they have a better idea.

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #528 of 1,133
Do they fit JayBird Bluebud X?

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #529 of 1,133
Do they fit JayBird Bluebud X?

Based on the pictures of the IEM as well as the accompanied eartips, I would say yes, the CP100 should fit without any issue.

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #530 of 1,133
Feb 3, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #533 of 1,133
  do you have spinfits for shure 846?
and moedawg where did you buy yours?

Was your first question directed towards me?  If so, my post above (#530) shows a picture of the CP800 on my Shure SE846.

I did not purchase my CP800, they were given to me.  You should be able to purchase the SpinFit CP800 here: http://store.jaben.com/products/spinfit-cp800.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #535 of 1,133
Black? 
what's the size?. S
M = Red & L = Yellow

I am not exactly sure what color the CP800's are that I provided the link to purchase (post #533 - maybe someone can post once they verify by receiving a purchased set or sets).

My CP800 (size Medium) is a pre-production version, so colors may vary with regards to the production version CP800.

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #536 of 1,133
So today I learned that Sarounbi, the company that sells Spinfits in Japan (and makes Ocharaku IEMs) is now selling CP800-sized Spinfits.  They are a little different to the RD-01 and WH-01  CP100-sized  tips they`ve been selling.  

Witth the CP800 version here, the color of the soundtube indicates size, with white being small, red medium, and yellow large.  The translucent bell is smokey grey, not white like with the CP100 version.  The color variations with the CP100 version here also can be had in any size.  

This is from the Fujiya-Avic page.  Interestingly, Fujiya-Avic say `CP800` here on the weblpage, but the packaging itself uses a different system, WH-02, RD-02 and YE-02, which follows the system for the CP100-sized tips.  

Fujiya-Avic often has items no other shop in Japan gets, so I don`t know yet if the other sources in Japan will get the CP800.  
The CP800 is 50% more expensive than the CP100, for some reason.  

They must be selling well here, because Sarounbi doesn`t make any narrow-nozzle IEMs to my knowledge . . . . . 

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #537 of 1,133
Pardon me if this question has already been asked (I don't see it anywhere in this thread though), but in comparison with the Spinfit tips, do either the Ortofon tips or Spiral Dot tips have a larger bore? I agree with @H20Fidelity that whilst a design necessity for the flexible rotation motion, the Spinfits do tend to darken the sound somewhat on IEMs that have large bores. 

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #538 of 1,133
  Pardon me if this question has already been asked (I don't see it anywhere in this thread though), but in comparison with the Spinfit tips, do either the Ortofon tips or Spiral Dot tips have a larger bore? I agree with @H20Fidelity that whilst a design necessity for the flexible rotation motion, the Spinfits do tend to darken the sound somewhat on IEMs that have large bores. 

I think you can get an idea from this picture. Spiraldot has the wider bore.  Medium Spinfit, Spiraldot and Ortofon. 

But there are tips with wider bores than the Spiraldot, or designs that do not create any extension at all .  Check out this Dunu tip on my DN-2000: 

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #539 of 1,133

I've tested all three on my R2As. The clear winner was the Jaben Spinfits.

While the Spiral Dots deepened the bass they also increased the sibilance to levels that made it hard for me to listen

The Ortofons sit in between the two and sound very good, until you exchange them for the Spinfits. The immediate effect is a noticeable increase in soundstage and clarity.

I got somewhat different results using my IE80s.

Feb 28, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #540 of 1,133
One small point I'd like to make about getting a good seal with the Spinfits.

I discovered this by accident when I found that I could no longer get a good seal in my right ear. Tonight I found out why. When I first started using iems I was told that you should dampen the tips. Recently I've stopped doing this and this was the cause of my problem. Just now I put the right side in and no seal. Now this might sound gross but I simply pulled it out, licked it (they are my own body fluids after all) and reinserted. Instant seal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back