SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Nov 16, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #438 of 1,133
I have just ordered a pair of extra small Spin Fit Tips from Japan for my AKG K391NC earphones. The supplied tips don't fit my ears well and the lack of angulation on these earphones, means they don't sit very well in my ear canals, compared with my angled Shure EC3 earphones, where the small tips seal much better. I am hoping the flexible angling on the Spinfit tips will enable them to fit better. If they are no improvement, at $10, it is not the end of the world. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #441 of 1,133
Looking to try these. Anyone able to tell what size I need for Ostry KC06A please?

Are you asking about the bore size, or the ear size? 

The CP100 ear tips should work no problem. But in terms of ear size, this will be up to the user. Choose the same size that you normally use with traditional silicone ear tips and you shouldn't have problems. 

cheers

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #445 of 1,133
  They are available on eBay from seller Corvid5000 for £10 P&P Free. You just have to specify which type and size in a message after purchase. He sent the next day. 

These are the ones that fit larger diameter IEM's. Having to add tape or heat shrink to get them to fit Shure is just not on. LOL.
Sell the correct sizes ***!

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #446 of 1,133

These are the ones that fit larger diameter IEM's. Having to add tape or heat shrink to get them to fit Shure is just not on. LOL.

I thought Corvid had both the large stem CP100 I needed for my AKGs and the CP800 listed for the Shure. I don't know if they are small enough for earphones like my EC3 Shure, which have tiny stems but are for other Shure earphones. I don't need them for my Shure as the standard small silicone tips work OK with my ears, even if they do make them a bit itchy after a couple of hours. If I am listening long term, I don't use earphones anyway but headphones instead. After three hours with in-canal earphones, I am ready to attack my ears with a Scotch scouring pad. 

Nov 21, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #447 of 1,133

The CP800 are not available in Japan.  I believe you can get them from from companies in the USA, or maybe Singapore.  

That mod with tape or a plastic core from a foam tip for mounting regular Spinfits on narrow-nozzle IEMs is easy to do, works extremely well, removes easily.  The CP800`s long, narrow soundtubes make me nervous . . .   

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #448 of 1,133
I've been using a modded SpinFit with 846s using the core of the Shure Yellow Tips (i.e. with Wax Grill). Easy to remove and clean. This is the best combination. I even prefer this to sound and fit over my Sensaphonic Customs sleeves.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #449 of 1,133
  I've been using a modded SpinFit with 846s using the core of the Shure Yellow Tips (i.e. with Wax Grill). Easy to remove and clean. This is the best combination. I even prefer this to sound and fit over my Sensaphonic Customs sleeves.

I did the same thing took five minutes to do. Works just fine.

Dec 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #450 of 1,133
Just bought 2 pairs of medium sized Spinfit from a Jaben outlet for USD 12. It brought my Beyerdynamic XP 3 to live! 
One thing has been bugging me. Why can't the original manufacturer of earphones step up their game in the eartips department? Why do we have to look for third party audio upgrades? You would think that eartips would be a piece of cake to get right in the whole product.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back