SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Jul 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #347 of 1,133
I've got some DN-2000Js that I've been using Spiral Dots on (L) and I'm getting a bit of pressure build up and some driver flex upon insertion.  I wonder if these will solve those two small issues.  It's the same on all Dunus so any info on this would be great!  I'm also curious if the Mediums will fit because of their insertion depth as I don't want to wait 2 weeks for Larges from Japan, haha.

Jul 18, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #348 of 1,133
I've been anxiously waiting for the CP800's for my Shure's. Looking at the stores that are advertising them as pre-order or as late July availability...the shipping cost into the US is pretty close if not more than the price of the tips.

Can anybody suggest which Spiral Dots would work with 846's without having to Frankenstein the nozzles to fit? I have no interest in wrapping the nozzles with tape.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #349 of 1,133
Have a word with dopaminer when he get's back off holiday.  He should be able to sort you out. 

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #350 of 1,133
  I've got some DN-2000Js that I've been using Spiral Dots on (L) and I'm getting a bit of pressure build up and some driver flex upon insertion.  I wonder if these will solve those two small issues.  It's the same on all Dunus so any info on this would be great!  I'm also curious if the Mediums will fit because of their insertion depth as I don't want to wait 2 weeks for Larges from Japan, haha.

I'm using bass rings on my DN2000J and I get less flex and pressure with my spinfits than my spiral dots. Not sure why though.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #353 of 1,133
  I've been anxiously waiting for the CP800's for my Shure's. Looking at the stores that are advertising them as pre-order or as late July availability...the shipping cost into the US is pretty close if not more than the price of the tips.

Can anybody suggest which Spiral Dots would work with 846's without having to Frankenstein the nozzles to fit? I have no interest in wrapping the nozzles with tape.

Thanks!
smile.gif

+1, but with angies?

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #354 of 1,133

Tha
Thanks for highlighting...yes the jvc spiral dot tips works better with tg334..I guess the better clarity and soundstage is due to the wider bore diameter of the tips.

Yes it's because of the wider bore of the JVC Spiral Dots. I sure hope Spin Fit will produce their version of wide bore Spin Fit tips one day

Do you have a link to the spiral dots?  The more I read about the SFs, the more I think I'd prefer the larger bore of the Spirals.
Thanks.

Jul 23, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #355 of 1,133
The SpinFit's (CP100) from everything that I've come across, are wide bore. Or I may just be interpreting that wrong. But the new CP800's are narrow bore to fit the Shure's.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #357 of 1,133
  The SpinFit's (CP100) from everything that I've come across, are wide bore. Or I may just be interpreting that wrong. But the new CP800's are narrow bore to fit the Shure's.

I think you meant the Spinfit CP100 has wide nozzle with narrow bore and the Spinfit CP80 has narrow nozzle with narrow bore. Spinfit does not produce any wide bore tips yet as far as I know. Wide bore tips are like the ones that you find on JVC Spiral Dot which has a wide nozzle too.

Jul 29, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #358 of 1,133
Thanks for the clarification!  
smile.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #359 of 1,133
Anyone tried these with the IE80? I've got a pair coming from Jaben (didn't see that Dopaminer was selling these) for some Flare R2As and would be interested to see how they work on my Senns. It took quite a while before I found tips that worked for me on these IEMs (Auvios).

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #360 of 1,133
Anyone tried these with the IE80? I've got a pair coming from Jaben (didn't see that Dopaminer was selling these) for some Flare R2As and would be interested to see how they work on my Senns. It took quite a while before I found tips that worked for me on these IEMs (Auvios).

To be honest, I think that the spinfit work for some people and not others. I've found that the tips don't always fit, but other times they fit well. The tip pivots which sounds good in theory, but to me, I think that the pivoting sleeve make them less predictable during insertion and so sometimes I either get a good fit, or not at all. 

Comfort-wise, I would rate them below JVC SD. But that's just me. Sound-wise, definitely below JVC SD. They sound good when they fit. But not incredibly so. The JVC SD on the other hand seem to actually change the sound assuming proper fit compared to others with similar fit. I've had others concur that the Fidue A83 work best with SD and not spinfit. When I used the spinfit I got good seal, but the sound was untamed and sibilant. JVC SD, and the sound is smoother, better rounded and definitely tames the higher frequencies.

I have tried with IE8, but the sound doesn't seem all that different, although bass feels stronger. Still prefer JVC SD in most cases. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back