spec explanation needed
Apr 16, 2006 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Magnum22

100+ Head-Fier
so i was wonderin why the eh350 lists higher than the hd485 and is sold for less. checking the senn website for their specs really didn't help.

the eh350's description included "innovative damping technology for well defined mid range and spatial sound reproduction" which is not listed for hd497 or 485. note that i put little faith in their website because under specs for eh350 they say they are closed dynamic but in the description they say open aire dynamic. anyway, what's up with the damping?

also, anyone care to venture an explanation of the difference in these transducer principles: dynamic (485), dynamic open aire (497), and dynamic closed (350)? they're all open cans with low impedence and lightweight diaphragms...so....what is that tiny difference? is the 485 less off for spatial reproduction? it ain't open aire? can owners check the boxes and post those specs/descriptions?

thanks in advance

Happy Easter (or palm sunday if you're orthodox and still using the julian calendar like me)

Apr 17, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 3

jagorev

Headphoneus Supremus
Specs are pretty much meaningless.

HD 485 has the most/best bass with somewhat recessed treble; EH 350 has really nicely extended treble, but is lacking in bass; HD497 splits the difference between the two others for a pretty well-balanced sound.

Users who are viewing this thread