SPEAR Labs™ Information, Impressions, Reviews & Discussion Thread
Jan 29, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #32 of 59
Any more impression is greatly appreciated guys.

After listening to almost everything on the market the ability to roll out a meaningful impression post on a TOTL performer becomes harder and harder..........as many impressions on different iems would look pretty much the same LOL ("pretty balanced and extremely detailed with impressive bass response and speed and a huge soundstage blah blah blah".........how many times have I read that written on different iems and how many times have I myself wrote such lines as well I have totally lost count)

Let's keep this to keywords. Have been living with the Triton 1 for a full month the most outstanding attributes I think would ring true to anyone trying these on are:
1. Transparency
2. Bass (Meaty with quick attack and tiny bit of nice reverb)
3. Bright-ish (in a positive way)
4. As a result, energetic (those looking for a relaxed/warm/fuzzy listen can walk away now)

The most obvious change (to the point of shocking) during the burnin phase is the mids/vocals - started from very strained and kinda shouty to now effortless and kinda sweet with enough grit and bite.

Top performer, not for everyone perhaps, good for a multi-iem rotation.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #33 of 59
I wonder how many have actually seen/heard them? It should be a very exciting newcomer but it still seems so rare out there with so few people sharing experience with them. It looks like it's still not widely available?

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #34 of 59
Finally it seems that the Spear Labs website is gonna be up................in a week's time (according to the launch countdown clock).......Wonder if that means the Triton shall then be available worldwide?

Mar 15, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #35 of 59
Been with my triton 1 for a month and only listened to them twice. Don’t have time to toy with them and decided selling my pair if anyone is interested please pm. Location is in Hong Kong and I can ship worldwide.

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #38 of 59
I wasn't too sure about these at first, but with repeated listening I'm growing to appreciate them more and more. I agree about the improvement to vocals with burn-in, but their outstanding feature to me is their incredible level of detail - the most detailed IEM in my collection I think. I was listening to a piano solo (most of my listening is classical, with the emphasis on single instrumental and small ensemble music) on the Elysium universal, and it sounded beautiful. Then I switched to the Triton and, all of a sudden, as well as the beautifully-reproduced piano, I could hear the audience shifting in their seats, the breathing of the pianist and that 'just like being there' feeling of a large auditorium full of people in hushed concentration on the music. Amazing. It's not that dramatic on every track, but when it is, it's really something special.

Jul 11, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #42 of 59
Lucky you.
I'd definitely recommend them if you do get a chance to hear them. As I said in my previous post, they're the most fantastically detailed IEMs I own - if that's your kind of thing! They're physically quite heavy, but a good fit nonetheless, although I have switched to a slightly less hefty cable with them (the one they come with is great, but not the best ergonomically). While sound quality is obviously the main attraction, their packaging is also something to behold; they come in an amazing lacquered box. I'm quite surprised there's so little discussion/information about them out there. Or, at least, I've seen very little. It'd be interesting to read other people's opinions. I look forward to hearing what you make of them @mochill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back