Speaking of soda pop...
Jun 26, 2002 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Nick Dangerous

Mr. Tuberrific
...ever been to http://www.popsoda.com ?

My, my... now that's a lot of soda!

If you happen to live near Dallas/Fort Worth, there's a GREAT soda shop/imported cigar store called Ifs, Ands, and Butts:

http://www.ifsandsbutts.com

Soda pop and headphones go great together. Well, not in the same glass (right Kelly?
smily_headphones1.gif
), but you know what I mean...

Jun 26, 2002 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 66
If, Ands or Butts actually sells original-formula Coke from Holland so I'm meaning to go by there soon. They also sell Dublin Dr. Pepper (the 100+ year old DP formula that still uses cane sugar), but you can get that at a lot of places in Texas now. Drink one of those then forever be baffled that we have to drink this corn syrup crap in other places.

Jun 26, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 66
Nick Dangerous thank you for the interesting sites. Around here it is impossible to find anything that is not advertised on TV. I've been looking for some ginger ales/beers for quite some time.
SBomm that apple soda looks kinda good that is a site I've never seen too, thank you.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 66
I've been wanting to try birch beer and some of those spicy ginger brews at IAB. Another trip is in order. I doubt I'll do it, but they have an "around the world" sheet where you can earn a mug (I think) if you drink one of everything there.

Granted, that would probably cost you $400.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 27, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
Anyone ever had Green River soda?

[size=small]YES[/size] I love Green River. They sell it here sometimes. A few years ago they had stopped selling it here again. Well, I wanted some. Then I needed some, so this one evening we got in the car and drove about one hundred miles on back roads through the woods and along the river to a town in Idaho and bought a bottle of Green River and whatever the wife was drinking and drove home. Of course it was a fun drive, this was when we had the Corvette, so the drive was part of the fun.

Jun 28, 2002 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 66
Ok that does it, I'm going to Ifs Ands or Butts tomorrow and buying some Dutch Coke. A part of me just likes the idea of cruising to Oak Cliff for cocaine, I guess.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Then I needed some, so this one evening we got in the car and drove about one hundred miles on back roads through the woods and along the river to a town in Idaho

You live in eastern oregon Mr.PD? I've been looking for some good roads in Oregon, Highway 34 to the coast is a great drive.

Jun 28, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 66
Quote:

Originally posted by hongda

You live in eastern oregon Mr.PD? I've been looking for some good roads in Oregon, Highway 34 to the coast is a great drive.

Right off the top of my head I can't remember the hiway name/number. You go to Enterprise and take the road to Lewiston Idaho over Rattle Snake grade. Some scenic sections and that Rattle Snake grade is very twisty. Loads of fun in a Vette. There was another good road from Enterprise that took you to the rim of Hells Canyon. I heard it was closed. I will check on that and let you know. It was a lot of fun, you go from Enterprise and come out over by Halfway.

Jun 28, 2002 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 66
kelly,

I knew that "original" Coca-Cola had cocaine in it but that is the extent of my knowledge. Is it supposed to taste better or does it get you high or what? Is it legal?

Jun 28, 2002 at 6:04 PM Post #14 of 66
I think they originally had cocaine in there so Coke was more addictive.......hehe, Coke, addictive....(Scooby Doo laughter)

Jun 28, 2002 at 6:44 PM Post #15 of 66
Quote:

I knew that "original" Coca-Cola had cocaine in it but that is the extent of my knowledge. Is it supposed to taste better or does it get you high or what? Is it legal?

Coca-Cola today still has coca leaf extract. There are only a few companies in the US that are licensed to import the leaves. Coca-Cola buys theirs from a company in New Jersey. All the narcotic is removed; I'm not sure if it's destroyed or used for research though.

Oh yeah, check out this link:

Stepan Co.

As you can imagine, this is a very heavily regulated and restricted industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back