speaking of dogs
Apr 16, 2006 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

pne

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a little tangent from the other dog thread right now..

Quote:

Originally Posted by YngwieJMalmsteen
beedogs.com

Just remember... I warned you.

image122.jpg

pooedge.JPG

Imgp0636.jpg

just out of curiousity, who here finds these dogs cute? I see so many people with these dogs yet I can't stand them. They look like a cross between lambchop and an old lady with a lot of split ends. How come these are so popular?! Everytime I see one it reminds me of an elderly person with gross hair. As you can tell I am pretty disgusted by them, mainly because their fur screams tangled bateria infestation! to me. How about you?

Apr 16, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 28
i call them 'launching dogs' they have just the right shaped bottom to fit into the cup of my doc martens...

plus they make a lovely sound as they land.

Apr 16, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 28
I presonally prefer black or other darker colored toy poodles.

(which is what those pictures are of.)

But I hate the foo foo cut that many show dog breeders go for.

I prefer the cute lamb or puppy cut.

One thing that is the best about poodles (other than their intelligence and personality) is that they have hair, and not fur.

While this requires constant grooming to keep them from being a tangled, matted mess, they do not shed, and are great for people with allergies, like me.

Our dearly departed Maddie was a toy poodle. My wife and I miss her terribly. She lived for 18 years. My wife says if we get another dog, she wants another breed, but I'm willing to bet real money that we will probably end up with another poodle. Especially given the fact that she grew up with poodles all of her life.

-Ed

Apr 16, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I presonally prefer black or other darker colored toy poodles.

(which is what those pictures are of.)
-Ed

Oh, I thought the top one was a Bishon Frisse (spelling?)

Apr 16, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 28
I'm pretty sure the top one is a Bichon Frise.

I don't really like how poodles look either, but they're one of the few hypoallergenic breeds (they produce much less dander) and they don't shed. The same is true for Bichons, though they produce a bit more dander. I kind of like Bichons and don't mind how they look. They're very friendly. The problem with Bichons is they're generally of below average intelligence and the occasional one never learns to be properly housebroken.

Small dogs like this are popular among people who live in apartments, and among older, retired people. Big dogs are too much to manage when your joints creak and you can't move fast any more. Elderly women may not even be able to safely lift a medium size dog. They're still great for companionship. Bichons, like many breeds of toy dogs, are very loving.

Minature schnauzers are an alternative if you don't like how the hair of a poodle looks and you still want a small, manageable dog. Schauzers are hypoallergenic and don't shed too, but they can be rambunctious and mischievious.

Apr 16, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 28
I can't stand small dogs. I've met over a dozen of small dogs (20 pounds and under) and my experience has always been that they were needy, loud, whinny, and generally dumber than big dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back