bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
i have a pair of $120 logitech speakers that sound good imo, my question is why do people automatically assume headphones are better value, i find speakers are much better value for your money. my shure srh840 (absolutely amazing for the price) sound worse then my logitechs imo, yet my shures were more money. the shures are definitely not bad headphones i just think perhaps speakers are better value for your money, at least that's what my experience is telling me. do you guys agree with me.

on a side note is this due to the drivers being so close to my ears. i heard you hear things differently when its right up against your ears or in front of you as speakers. is this true?

EDIT: this is not a shure srh840 hate thread, its merely an observation.

May 7, 2011 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 216
are u serious?  

edit:
just looked at our post count and you have over 1000 posts and you still think that your logitech speaker is better than your shure headphone? wow I can't comment any further.

May 7, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 216
May 7, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 216
Try some of this and report back
etysmile.gif

First your 840 is "Just average IMO" and then "absolutely amazing". What is it then? Did you upgrade from a RCA 512mb mp3 player to new DAC and $1000 amp?

May 7, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #6 of 216
Speakers have a major advantage over headphones, but some speakers just are terrible. My HD598 sound better than my Logitech 5.1 speakers in every single aspect. Even as congested the HD598 can get, the Logitechs get more congested.

Even though, I think I might start converting to speakers soon. It's ridiculously difficult to find a neutral pair of headphones. Hopefully, the search in speakers won't be as difficult.

May 7, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 216
I'm done with speakers after I blew a grand on some Axiom speakers and my $200/each JBL speakers were better. I guess maybe I need some of that Debrox myself. Who knows.

May 7, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #8 of 216

Quote:
are u serious?  

edit:
just looked at our post count and you have over 1000 posts and you still think that your logitech speaker is better than your shure headphone? wow I can't comment any further.

its a different kind of better, i find them easier to listen to. the shure is to revealing.

May 7, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #9 of 216

Quote:
Try some of this and report back
etysmile.gif

First your 840 is "Just average IMO" and then "absolutely amazing". What is it then? Did you upgrade from a RCA 512mb mp3 player to new DAC and $1000 amp?

this is not a hate thread, i still love them, i am just curious as to why i find speakers easier to listen to.

May 7, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #10 of 216

Quote:
this is not a hate thread, i still love them, i am just curious as to why i find speakers easier to listen to.

I find the HD598 is easier to listen to than my car speakers
eek.gif
   If that means anything
tongue.gif
   The only reason why I use my computer speakers is for comfort reasons. Try the HD598. Be a believer. Hear the future.

May 7, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 216
given a choice i'll listen to music through a well thought out speaker system over a well thought out headphone system every single time.

My LCD-2s haven't seen use the last 3 months (other than at the portland and seattle meets)..listening to music on the magnepans is just that much more of a smile inducing experience and that is what draws us to any hobby. 

May 7, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 216
Both have their good and bad.
The problem to me is that seems you don't even have a proper source device..

May 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #14 of 216
both devices provides different experience in music listening, just like you cant compare iems to fullsize headphone, and you cant compare fullsize headphone to speakers...

some would enjoy listening through headphones(like i do), some would prefer speakers (like you do), some would enjoy iems better than headphones, some would enjoy on ear over in ear.. but basically you cant compare them, it is based on personal preferences.

about the headphones will provide better sound than speakers... well theoratically, sound waves from speaker would go through some medians before it reaches your ear, there would be a lot more of noise interference compared to headphones that projects the sound directly to your ears...cmiiw

May 7, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #15 of 216
This is as pointless as posting how much you like vws in a Honda forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back