Speaker system I can afford...
Sep 26, 2002 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

methnen

Head-Fier
Ok, I have money for probably the first time in my life. Not tons of it but I'm getting my first real reliable paycheck.

I'm interested in a speaker system to suplement my headphones which are something I am also looking at upgrading.

I want something that will sound good but not bankrupt me. I'm thinking something in the $500-800 dollar range (possibly a bit more) that includes an amp but doesn't need to include a cd player. just a nice variety of input options.

I also like things to look nice. I guess it is the artistic part of me. What are my options? Can you guys give me any advice on what to be looking at? I appreciate the help since I'm a realitive newby.

Jamie

Sep 26, 2002 at 1:25 AM Post #2 of 8
I just bought the Axiom Millennia M3ti bookshelf speakers, and I'm planning on eventually getting a NAD 350 amp for them. Until then I am just using my parents old sony integrated amp. I have read tons of great reviews on both of these products, and I love the Axiom speakers. You might want to look into these two products.

Sep 26, 2002 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 8
Sound good? Relatively cheap?

cicadaredhi2.jpg

Moth Cicadas!

$350 each though. Perhaps buy used?

Sep 26, 2002 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 8
^ I second the set of speakers + sub macDEF is selling. I've auditioned these in a store before and they are quite nice.

Do you have a powersupply (preamp/pro + amp) yet?

Sep 27, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Sound good? Relatively cheap?

cicadaredhi2.jpg

Moth Cicadas!

$350 each though. Perhaps buy used?

Nick!!! Those are like my dream speakers!!! I heared them one time, and they sound friggin' amazing.

Someday I aspire to get those sexy slabs.

I do think they might be out of his budget though...

i have 3 letters for whomever started this thread...

PSB

Sep 28, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 8
I think I am gonna get myself a couple of NHT SuperOnes. And a NAD C300 integrated amp. This will tide me over until I have enough money for a good powered subwoofer. Probably the NHT sub that is designed with the SuperOnes in mind. The moth speakers are pretty but not really what I'm looking for. I don't have much space and don't need something terribly big or powerful. Thanks for the help guys.

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back