speaker cable to studio monitors
Feb 17, 2009 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vii_haven

100+ Head-Fier
I've a pair of studio monitors and i've been using the cheapo supplied cables with them but am looking to upgrade my cables to maximize the capabilites of my monitors.

I'm looking for a punchy and clear sound, yea not compromising on the quality and quantity of bass. Any recommendations?

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #3 of 9
Source: MacBook Pro
DAC: Meier 2Move (High Current)/M-Audio Transit
Monitors: ESI nEar 05 (with built in amplifiers on each side)

I do mostly live sound, but i use the monitors of the occasional personal recordings i do. Most of the time the monitors are basically my speakers for my listening to music and doing research.

So the cables do not need to be extremely neutral, just needs to be punchy and sparkly, yea not compromising on the quality and quantity of bass as can be produced by my speakers.

Feb 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 9
I've come across Monster cables, QEDs but not heard of other so am looking for some recommendations.

I wouldn't mind boutique cables or custom made cables as well.

Yea, RCA cables

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #9 of 9
I have blue jeans cables and heartland home theater cables. They seem to use some very similar cables and both are well built and of high quality. In my opinion the heartland home theater cables look nicer, so if that's something you care about then you may want to check them out as well. Pricing is fairly similar from what I recall although blue jeans is more flexible with pricing on custom lengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back