SPC or Jupiter Wire for my K81DJs
Nov 3, 2008 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cyberspyder

Caution! Incomplete trades.
So I jus got a pair, and while burning in (currently at about 70 hours), I wanted to make the most out of it, so I'll be recabling them. Connector will be a 3.5mm Switchcraft (wished someone make a threaded 3.5mm plug just like the original one) but I'm undecided about the wire needed.

I'll probably do a 4-wire round braid on them, and cover with some multi-filament nylon, but what gauge shout I be looking at? 28-30AWG seems a bit thing for this size of headphone, how about 24-26AWG? Also, should I go for the cheaper SPC or the Jupiter cotton-insulation stuff? INO, I'd have to go with stranded stuff over solid-core, as the cable will have to be durable and flexible enough for daily abuse.

Some help?

Brendan

Nov 3, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I absolutely loved Juniper wire for headphone recable; used 26awg solid-core.

Any problems with the durability of it? Does it like the constant flexing?

Quote:

24 gauge spc is what i used for recabling. imo, it's the perfect size for recabling unless youre planning on braiding multiple strands.

I'm braiding four wires together.

Brendan

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 12
Back from the dead...takefiveaudio only has 3/16" so I bought 20' of that. I also bought 20' of 26 AWG Jupiter wire, and 10' of each Mogami Mini Quad and Canare Mini Quad (looking to do a comparision of all three, then selling the ones that don't suit me). So the 3/16" sleeving should go well with the Jupiter, but what about the mini-quads? 1/4 inch? Will that be too tight?

Mar 11, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #12 of 12
Bump
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back