SparkoS Aries headphone amp
Jun 16, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #108 of 355
I use Audio Art cables. Love their stuff, and they have something for everyone with various lines at differing prices. So far all that I've tried were extremely competitive or just downright better than others in that price class.
I like trying out different cables once in a while , i went to Audio Arts site to have a look , I’m thinking on either the statement gold XLR or statement rhodium XLR ,….Project88 do you use either or have tried either ?
Currently I use a popular XLR cable known for their price performance and quality manufactured by Audio Envy though everything is sounding darn good it’s time to check out other offerings just out of pure curiosity ,,.

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #111 of 355
Anyone try pairing up the Aries with a Schiit Gugnir Multibit? If so, how was it?
I’m sure the Gungnir would be do well in the mix of a modest system however pairing the Aries with a good performing headphone first would be the way to start .

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #112 of 355
I'm using the IC-3 SE2 with the rhodium Brio connectors (I have RCA and XLR versions, both great), which I think is the mid range of their line (or maybe upper mid range). Have heard great things about the statement stuff but have not tried it yet for myself.
I have a pair of Audio Art Statement gold coming , I’m looking at some fine tuning just to see where that goes though what I have now in the way of sonic’s has at times broken through my defences getting to my emotions ,,,.. Having that happen is of course one of the good signs all is working well.

I have no complaints or wish‘s some things could be better right now ,.I think trying different brands of interconnects is something I should check in to and the Audio Art Statements I think are a good choice to start with .

Jun 25, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #114 of 355
I'm using the IC-3 SE2 with the rhodium Brio connectors (I have RCA and XLR versions, both great), which I think is the mid range of their line (or maybe upper mid range). Have heard great things about the statement stuff but have not tried it yet for myself.
I took delivery of the AudioArt Statement Gold XLR interconnects ,Project86 many thank you‘s for your recommendations of AudioArt they are beautiful !

I was looking for some finishing touches to sonics of my system ,,….My goodness i did not think the AudioArt interconnects would have such an abrupt change over the previous interconnects I used . Currently theres a lot to take in though I will say i immediately hear a level of refinement to my favourite music my previous interconnects masked over . I had the interconnects baked in by the manufacturer I expect minor improvements from here on in and finally I have to mention once again the purchase of these interconnects was such a good choice.

Jul 5, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #117 of 355
I have recently discovered the pleasures of R2R DACs and would like to shift my source for the Aries from Hugo 2 to a high-end R2R DAC. Anyone got any suggestions of such a DAC that would pair nicely with the Aries?

Edit: I'm especially interested in the Aries/Morpheus pairing. Any impressions (pretty please @project86)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #118 of 355
I don't believe I actually had the Aries and Morpheus in my system at the same time. They may have both been in the house briefly, while one was waiting to be shipped out, and the other had just arrived and wasn't yet unpacked. But I could be wrong - a LOT of gear comes through here, and I only really report on the stuff I like.

In any case, I'd say they would work very well together just based on their individual excellence. You've got a DAC with beautiful tonality, that doesn't sacrifice resolution and in fact has some of the cleanest, most defined treble out there. Combine that with the sonic-scalpel that is the Aries, and you've got a winning combo for most situations.

I say most because if you want a euphonic, colored sound to fix flaws in your music/headphones, the Aries/Morpheus won't do that at all.

Jul 5, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #120 of 355
I don't believe I actually had the Aries and Morpheus in my system at the same time. They may have both been in the house briefly, while one was waiting to be shipped out, and the other had just arrived and wasn't yet unpacked. But I could be wrong - a LOT of gear comes through here, and I only really report on the stuff I like.

In any case, I'd say they would work very well together just based on their individual excellence. You've got a DAC with beautiful tonality, that doesn't sacrifice resolution and in fact has some of the cleanest, most defined treble out there. Combine that with the sonic-scalpel that is the Aries, and you've got a winning combo for most situations.

I say most because if you want a euphonic, colored sound to fix flaws in your music/headphones, the Aries/Morpheus won't do that at all.
Thank you so much, sir; this is encouraging. Absolutely, I do *not* want a coloured or euphonic sound - this is the antithesis of what I'm after. Neutral, linear, and resolving is my jam.

I already love the Aries but I can't help but feel it deserves a better source than the Hugo 2 (which is already very good). My early foray into R2R DACs has been gratifying, so I eagerly await trying the Morpheus. The fact they also pair together aesthetically is a nice bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back