SparkoS Aries headphone amp
Mar 4, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #48 of 355
Some changes are currently taking place with my system starting today ,... first my favourite lazy boy i use for listening is getting re-upholstered ,,... a new component rack with caster wheels is in the planning stage, a new dac will be ordered soon , Holo May KTE and my Sparkos Lab Aries is being returned for the Aries preamp model ,..,,...I know , I know who Fn cares ,,..

Attachments

• 9B028DC7-02D4-45DE-A820-E6E4CA878411.jpeg
    9B028DC7-02D4-45DE-A820-E6E4CA878411.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #49 of 355
Some changes are currently taking place with my system starting today ,... first my favourite lazy boy i use for listening is getting re-upholstered ,,... a new component rack with caster wheels is in the planning stage, a new dac will be ordered soon , Holo May KTE and my Sparkos Lab Aries is being returned for the Aries preamp model ,..,,...I know , I know who Fn cares ,,..
Have u compared holo audio may kte vs chord hugo tt2 with mscaler or wells audio cipher?

Apr 10, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #51 of 355
Have u compared holo audio may kte vs chord hugo tt2 with mscaler or wells audio cipher?
I’m still waiting delivery for the Holo May , it’s a 5-6 weeks average wait times . I have no immediate plans or desire of trying out other dacs , amplifiers ect .

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #54 of 355
I am also with Sparkos Aries for more than a month.
I contacted Andrew Sparks for info and decided to try it, also because I was offered to be able to postpone behind if I was not satisfied and be completely reimbursed, but after 2 days of listening, I told him clearly, my friend, this amp is not It moves from here.
I need to say that after having the AIC10 Riviera for 3 years, it was difficult to find a worthy substitute, I tried a microzotl, a passbs and an audio rogue, all good but no one that reality took me to something profoundly exciting. Here the Sparkos Aries manages to fill that emptiness, because it is a real champion, combining speed, details, resolution and silence, with full and colorful harmonics, perhaps thanks to his deadly Opamp.
My version is also equipped with a totally balanced stadium, with which a 160 watt pilot powersoft for my raal, and it is true that pilot headphones very well, but the pre section is incredibly good, transparent and clean In details, but capable of being very harmonious.
For what concerns me, at this price, there is no better, or at least, I didn't find it.

Attachments

• 73F6C3B4-0D5D-4FAB-93DE-7E740964489B.jpeg
    73F6C3B4-0D5D-4FAB-93DE-7E740964489B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 25, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #55 of 355
I am also with Sparkos Aries for more than a month.
I contacted Andrew Sparks for info and decided to try it, also because I was offered to be able to postpone behind if I was not satisfied and be completely reimbursed, but after 2 days of listening, I told him clearly, my friend, this amp is not It moves from here.
I need to say that after having the AIC10 Riviera for 3 years, it was difficult to find a worthy substitute, I tried a microzotl, a passbs and an audio rogue, all good but no one that reality took me to something profoundly exciting. Here the Sparkos Aries manages to fill that emptiness, because it is a real champion, combining speed, details, resolution and silence, with full and colorful harmonics, perhaps thanks to his deadly Opamp.
My version is also equipped with a totally balanced stadium, with which a 160 watt pilot powersoft for my raal, and it is true that pilot headphones very well, but the pre section is incredibly good, transparent and clean In details, but capable of being very harmonious.
For what concerns me, at this price, there is no better, or at least, I didn't find it.
Good move on the the full model of the Aries ,.I have a completely new headphone system I put together from scratch , never had one before though I know my listening bias well I made a decision on the purchase of the Aries solely on a couple of online reviews .

That decision I would not normally make however partly it was the transparency described by the reviewers that got my attention among the other attributes of the Sparkos Lab Aries.
I’m new to using headphones my listening went from about 10% initially to 50 % now with a couple other changes that have taken place just in the past few months I’m confident I won’t be considering changing out anything else .

Apr 25, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #58 of 355
Good move on the the full model of the Aries ,.I have a completely new headphone system I put together from scratch , never had one before though I know my listening bias well I made a decision on the purchase of the Aries solely on a couple of online reviews .

That decision I would not normally make however partly it was the transparency described by the reviewers that got my attention among the other attributes of the Sparkos Lab Aries.
I’m new to using headphones my listening went from about 10% initially to 50 % now with a couple other changes that have taken place just in the past few months I’m confident I won’t be considering changing out anything else .
Many thanks, it was an option born by chance, in Europe there is no official distribution and no possibility to listen to the aries, but spoke with Andrew, which I found the serious opo to come attitude, trust has come almost immediately and say Which are very satisfied with the sound qualities of Aries that are of a very high order.

Apr 29, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #60 of 355
Andrew and crew are legends, based on my contact from Oz. And I'm a cat person :) Their Op Amps are sensational. The Aries is sublime as a head amp and pre amp. if only it had a remote, but it doesn't matter on my home office desk. Keeps me from buying a 2nd one for my main system to replace my Burson conductor 3XR which is outstanding but now has Sparko Op Amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back