Southwestern Michigan Meet - Kalamazoo Jan/Feb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2016 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jakenmenheer

New Head-Fier
Hello all, after polling for interest it appears there is enough to try to put together a meet.

I hope to host it on campus here at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo sometime in the first two months of the new year. It will more than likely be on a weekend.

If you are interested, please reply with what gear you would bring, as well as any ideas, suggestions, requests you have.

I know that Westone has an office not far from here so I will see if they would be interested in bringing some IEMs for demo.

Gear List

jakenmenheer
  1. Schiit Magni 2 Uber
  2. DT990 600 ohm
  3. HD600
  4. ATH-M50X
  5. SHP9500
  6. Etymotic HF5
  7. KZ-ATE

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 13
I will probably be able to attend this one, depending on the date. 

It's hard for me to project what gear I will have at any given time, I'll update when the date is close with what I think I'll be bringing with. 

Possibilities as of right now:

Hifiman HE-350 closed back with T50RP drivers, this is a project that'll be put together during the holiday time off from my full-time job and between cable builds and mods as a break given to myself.

Sony MDR7550 IEMs 

HD800 with SuperDupont Mod and paint job

Geek Out V2

Cables for all of the above. If you are interested in trying certain gear out with your headphones (anyone's gear, not just mine) but don't have a cable or adapter for it, let me know and I can possibly make one for you to use to demo with before the meet if given enough notice.

Looking forward to seeing some some-what local people to me and their set-ups! Be sure to join the Michigan Headfiers group and share that there, or message members there about possibly joining if you see they are in the area on their profile.
http://www.head-fi.org/groups/show/31/michigan-headfiers

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 13
When a date is set I'll see if I can get off of work. Been really wanting to finally go to a meet!

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 13
I would definitely be interested in this!  It's funny that I just saw this today, as I was in the process of putting a smaller meet-up in GR on Reddit.  Hopefully we don't accidentally plan it the same day though.  If it works out I'll be sure to bring it up with the people I've been talking to in GR who aren't really apart of the Head-Fi community.  If anyone is interested in attending that as well the more the merrier!  Sorry to hijack your thread though, I couldn't help but plug.

The gear I could tentatively bring:
HIFIMAN HE-400i
Sennheiser HD598 SE
Audeze LCD-2 (I just ordered them so it depends on if they ship here in time)
M-Audio portable amp
Shiit Magni/Modi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back