Southern CanFEST 2009
Feb 27, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #226 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And on vinyl too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Her "live" recording "Companion" is incredible. Try that too. Then, if you still want more, get "Modern Cool" followed by, well anything she has recorded.
smily_headphones1.gif

I own three of her albums. Nightclub is my favorite. Especially the piano, vocals and drum work on cuts 2-4, and the acoustic bass solo on Autumn Leaves.

The "livenes"s of her live album (Companion) is great, but I find the performance not up to her studio work.

If you don't have Diana Krall, Live in Paris or Girl Next Door, both of these are very well recorded.

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM Post #227 of 243
So, did anyone catch Joseph Grado's speak on video? ..and if so are willing to share it?

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #228 of 243
Yes, there was a gentleman who recorded the lecture. The video may be used for a television show about Joe on the History Channel or public television. I am hopeful I can get the lecture portion of the recording and that it is not held up due to legal hold for the TV show. I'm currently working on this.

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #229 of 243
Fingers crossed!
Cause he's a legend, and it would be great for us not able to attend to hear/see the lecture as well.

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #234 of 243
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
audiocircle.com/gallery/albums/userpics/52853/IMGP2306a.jpg

Finally, Fitz's hard work revealed.

EDIT: I don't think audiocircle likes hotlinking, I'll mod it to cut/paste for those who want to see.

Funny thing is, of all the pictures that were linked, outside of the Joe Grado pics, those were the ones that caught my most attention. I had a feeling that was Fitz's work, but no one really talked about it here...

I am curious, whether Fitz you read this, or anyone else, that if you could provide details on that lovely looking amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back