Southern California Meet: August 2006
Jul 17, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #166 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by CousCous
Is this what people normally do? Never been to a meet before and wondering what people typically bring when all of the same equipment will already be there.

bring what you can. having more than 1 of an amp/CDP/headphone just adds more flexibility and more availability of gear. plus, it's easier to compare setups if there is more than 1 of the item (e.g. comparing same headphone on diff amps, diff amps with same source, etc...).

I'll say this again before the meet:
* Label your gear
* Bring lots of power strips, power conditioners, extension cords
* Make sure tube amps have a LOAD plugged in at all times, unless noted otherwise.

Should be a great meet.

Jul 17, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #167 of 322
At my first meet, it really helped having my entire rig there, since i could eliminate component differences... it's like eliminating all variables when listening to chords, amps, dacs or whatever... if you know your system's sound, then you will know exactly what happens when you add one new thing..... although, i was somewhat discouraged by the fact that no one cared to listen to anything of mine
frown.gif

Jul 18, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #170 of 322
If anybody is contemplating going from Canada, PM Me, I may be interested in taking a little trip.

Jul 19, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #171 of 322
I'll be in town that week. Will bring a few Chinese amps for people to try...will need a 110-220v convertor though. Anyone have one?

Anyone bringing an electrostatic amp? Mikhail? I don't want to lug my KGSS from Shanghai, but will bring the HE60 if there is an amp.

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #172 of 322
"Mikhail will be there. I heard it straight from the man himself two weeks ago."

Excellent! It will be good to see him and have an opportunity to see/hear the current product line.

Here's a question for Ray Samuels. will you be bringing your B-52 amp?

- augustwest

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #173 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeliao
I'll be in town that week. Will bring a few Chinese amps for people to try...will need a 110-220v convertor though. Anyone have one?

Anyone bringing an electrostatic amp? Mikhail? I don't want to lug my KGSS from Shanghai, but will bring the HE60 if there is an amp.

I'll bring the ES-1 if I can make it to the meet...not definite yet though.

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:33 PM Post #174 of 322
Hi freinds... I am coming on Friday morning to LAX, I have to get a place near the meet place, any one who would like to share a room from Friday night-Sunday night, as I am leaving on Monday morning, please pm me, If some one has a direction type of a map that might help in finding how to either drive or take a cab to the closest meet area would surely be appreciated.
Another thing, I have too many nights on my hand & away from my wife's searching eyes, any suggestion????
Remember, just to watch, never touch. Where are the singles of California?
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #175 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi freinds... I am coming on Friday morning to LAX, I have to get a place near the meet place, any one who would like to share a room from Friday night-Sunday night, as I am leaving on Monday morning, please pm me, If some one has a direction type of a map that might help in finding how to either drive or take a cab to the closest meet area would surely be appreciated.
Another thing, I have too many nights on my hand & away from my wife's searching eyes, any suggestion????
Remember, just to watch, never touch. Where are the singles of California?
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

I may be able to help you get situated, but I need to check on a few things first. If someone else can help that would be awesome.

As for girl watching, you know we'll take you out.
biggrin.gif
I think we should get a bunch of us together and take you down to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. There's a nice bar there called the Monsoon that has food, live music, and dancing.

Jul 22, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #176 of 322
a lot of posts here.. im sorta newbie, or at least not as hardcore as most people here...

dont have much to offer, and im shopping for a nice set of IEMs (around the e4c range) and wanted to test out some of the IEMs (haven't heard any of them, really). im broke (college student) and dont have much to offer though... there's no equipment requirement right? i can help out with the refreshments and all, even though it's not much...

Jul 22, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #178 of 322
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
I may be able to help you get situated, but I need to check on a few things first. If someone else can help that would be awesome.

As for girl watching, you know we'll take you out.
biggrin.gif
I think we should get a bunch of us together and take you down to the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica. There's a nice bar there called the Monsoon that has food, live music, and dancing.

There shoul be plenty of Pelligrino.
wink.gif

-Ed

Jul 23, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #179 of 322
Tentative equipment list:

Eastsound CD-E5 Signature
Gilmore Dynamic V2 SE
Headfive #134
HD-650's w/ Zu Mobius
HF-1 #134
AT A900
Nordost Blue Heaven IC's
Zu Birth PC's

iPod Video 60Gb
RSA Hornet
Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pros (right, like anyone else can use 'em...
wink.gif
)

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #180 of 322
I'd love to come with my girlfriend. Any way I could get a ride from any fellow head-fi'ers attending? I'm in Bakersfield, CA Zipcode 93308. If I can't get a ride, I could try and figure something else out. I've never been able to attend a meet and would love to come. Could bring my HD580s and KSC75s.
icon10.gif

PM me if you can help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back