Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Fall Meet - Detroit / Royal Oak / Pleasant Ridge, MI 9.19.15
Sep 18, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #91 of 103
Hi everyone-I hope everyone's excited for tomorrow. I know I am.

As I pack up my gear for tomorrow, I did have one note that I wanted to pass on to you for tomorrow.

We have a special guest attending our meet tomorrow that I'm really excited about (if you're curious about who this is, check the attendees and see if you can figure it out).

This person is bringing some really nice gear to the meet including some amps, DACs and some really great phones. He is not, however, bringing any sources so be sure to plan accordingly. For example, he's bringing an Yggy, Continental Dual Mono, etc but there will be NO SOURCE for some of these gems.

Other than that, I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. We have a great mix and of familiar faces and many new ones as well. See you tomorrow!

Sep 18, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #92 of 103
We have a special guest attending our meet tomorrow that I'm really excited about...

I wouldn't necessarily call myself special... but if you want to throw that word out there, I guess I'll take the compliment :)

In all seriousness, though, I'm excited to hear some of the gear this special guest is bringing. I've heard good things about the CDM from AxelCloris so I'll be looking forward to hearing it for myself.

Sep 18, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #93 of 103
Just a last minute update that I won't be making it either unfortunately.  My big check hasn't come yet, so too broke right now.

Sep 18, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #94 of 103
I like the list of gear. Would be real cool to see a set of Ethers, though.

Is there WiFi?

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #98 of 103
Unfortunately, I do not know if they have WiFi with Internet access. That's one thing I didn't think to check on when I was last there. I'll post as soon as I get up there and find out.

Sep 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #100 of 103
Hi everyone-I hope everyone's excited for tomorrow. I know I am.

As I pack up my gear for tomorrow, I did have one note that I wanted to pass on to you for tomorrow.

We have a special guest attending our meet tomorrow that I'm really excited about (if you're curious about who this is, check the attendees and see if you can figure it out).

This person is bringing some really nice gear to the meet including some amps, DACs and some really great phones. He is not, however, bringing any sources so be sure to plan accordingly. For example, he's bringing an Yggy, Continental Dual Mono, etc but there will be NO SOURCE for some of these gems.

Other than that, I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. We have a great mix and of familiar faces and many new ones as well. See you tomorrow!

Hello from TN,
Hope you folks had a great meet today!  Ours is next Sat.
Really special that Jude is on the attendee list!  The Supreme Head-Fi Commander!  Awesome...

Cheers -
RCBinTN

Sep 19, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #102 of 103
Impressions thread has been started...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/781543/2015-southeastern-michigan-fall-meet-impressions

Sep 20, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #103 of 103
Hi everyone.

Before this thread gets locked, I wanted to make sure that I got this out there. PETEREK created a Michigan Head-Fi group after our meet last year in Troy. I frankly forgot about it because at first no one was joining. I just checked and saw that we have 20 members!

Jude mentioned that this is an effective way to promote meets and help to keep out MI community connected. So, if you haven't joined, you can do so here...

http://www.head-fi.org/groups/members/31/

I promise I'll do a better job of using for MI-related news.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back