- Dec 30, 2013
Let's do it again...
The last Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Meet hosted by Overture Audio in Ann Arbor in March 2015 in Ann Arbor, MI was a spectacular event!
Many friendships were made, equipment purchased, and connections built among this group of perfect strangers. In total, there were approximately 40 attendees in Ann Arbor with myriad of headphones, amps, DACs, turntables and just about anything else. For impressions and pics, see the monumental Impressions thread.
Individuals from all over the midwest from Chicago to Cincinnati and from all point in between attended the Ann Arbor Meet. We want to keep this thing going by getting our next meet on everyone's calendar. This time, to somewhat quote a very famous basketball player, "We're taking our talents to....Pleasant Ridge".
The 2015 Fall Meet will be held at the Pleasant Ridge Community Center in quaint Pleasant Ridge, MI. Thanks to krikor (Craig) for sourcing the location and doing the initial leg work to make this meet a reality.
This meet will be bigger and better than the last as the room can accommodate up to 100 participants!. We will be working with some vendors in an attempt to involve the manufacturing community at the Pleasant Ridge meet, just like Ann Arbor.
I want to thank kayandjohn (John) for organizing the Ann Arbor Meet. He and Keith from Overture really hit it out of the park. I’m hoping for an even bigger and more exciting event this time around (not sure if that’s even possible). As always, any assistance is appreciated, especially as the date come near. Just PM me and I’m sure there will be something that I could use a hand with.
Date and Time:
September 19, 2015
11AM - 4PM
$5 per participant to offset the cost of the room rental
Pleasant Ridge Community Center
4 Ridge Road
Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069
Brian - zabzaf
Other Event Notes:
1. zabzaf will contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number in the weeks leading up to the Meet
2. At the meet, you may be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo ID will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet.
3. You should bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup). Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.
4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.
5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.
6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all trash in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.
7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.
8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.
9. You must wear the name tag at all times.
Since this is a large space, we will have plenty of room to accommodate everyone who wants to come. To register, please PM zabzaf here.
We hope to see you there!