Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Fall Meet - Detroit / Royal Oak / Pleasant Ridge, MI 9.19.15
Apr 25, 2015 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 103

zabzaf

500+ Head-Fier

Hi Everyone,

Let's do it again...

The last Southeastern Michigan Head-Fi Meet hosted by Overture Audio in Ann Arbor in March 2015 in Ann Arbor, MI was a spectacular event!

Many friendships were made, equipment purchased, and connections built among this group of perfect strangers. In total, there were approximately 40 attendees in Ann Arbor with myriad of headphones, amps, DACs, turntables and just about anything else. For impressions and pics, see the monumental Impressions thread.

Individuals from all over the midwest from Chicago to Cincinnati and from all point in between attended the Ann Arbor Meet. We want to keep this thing going by getting our next meet on everyone's calendar. This time, to somewhat quote a very famous basketball player, "We're taking our talents to....Pleasant Ridge".

The 2015 Fall Meet will be held at the Pleasant Ridge Community Center in quaint Pleasant Ridge, MI. Thanks to krikor (Craig) for sourcing the location and doing the initial leg work to make this meet a reality. 

This meet will be bigger and better than the last as the room can accommodate up to 100 participants!. We will be working with some vendors in an attempt to involve the manufacturing community at the Pleasant Ridge meet, just like Ann Arbor.

I want to thank kayandjohn (John) for organizing the Ann Arbor Meet. He and Keith from Overture really hit it out of the park. I’m hoping for an even bigger and more exciting event this time around (not sure if that’s even possible). As always, any assistance is appreciated, especially as the date come near. Just PM me and I’m sure there will be something that I could use a hand with.

Date and Time:

September 19, 2015
11AM - 4PM

Cost:

$5 per participant to offset the cost of the room rental

Pleasant Ridge Community Center
4 Ridge Road
Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069
(248) 542.7322

Map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pleasant+Ridge+Community+Center/@42.474066,-83.148834,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x922bd55ec84c6c40

Main Contact:

Brian - zabzaf

Other Event Notes:

1. zabzaf will contact the pre-registered attendees to get the Name, Address, Email, Contact number in the weeks leading up to the Meet

2. At the meet, you may be required to provide a valid photo id when registering at the registration table. Your valid photo ID will be cross checked with the details provided prior to the meet.

3. You should bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup). Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.

4. Please be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug – some amps if they are not powered down before inserting or pulling out a jack have the potential to blow. Again be very careful.

5. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment, or hurt yourself – if this is your first meet be weary the floor will be littered with cable.

6. Please restrict consumption of food or drinks to the designated place ONLY and place all trash in the plastic bags provided. PLEASE also wash your hands if it is dirty before touching anything.

7. No wet hair, or put anything in their hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) (Will be refused entry). Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good. Also, clean in and around your ears. Nobody wants their cans covered with earwax.

8. No need to panic or spoil the mood (it's unlikely I'll run off with your $10k amp) - but leaving keys, wallets or expensive IEMs unattended might not be a good idea.

9. You must wear the name tag at all times.

Finally:

Since this is a large space, we will have plenty of room to accommodate everyone who wants to come. To register, please PM zabzaf here.

We hope to see you there!

Apr 25, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 103
Confirmed Attendee List

AKGunkie
badd360
Canucklhead
canthearyou
cvbcbcmv
dbear44
DetroitVinylRob
Dvass13
elrod-tom
HAWKEYE7
HeadAmpTeam
Hikaritenchi
JEspina456
Jjkes
Jude
Jwahl
Kevinb0127
krikor
Logan Ritter
Maginaer
mingyong
MrTie84
tonykaz (Definately Maybe)
yqliang
zabzaf

Equipment List

Headphones:

1964Ears V6
1964Ears V6 Stage
AKG K553 PROs
AKG K551
AKG K545
AKG Q701
AKG K702 with balanced and bass mod
AKG K7XX
AKG K242 HD
AKG K712
AKG K3003i
Audeze LCD-2 Original
Audeze LCD-2
Audeze LCD-3
Audio Technica ATH-M50
Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm
Beyerdynamic DT990 600ohm
Beyerdynamic DT1770
Beyerdynamic T1
ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000
Fidle A83
Grado SR-80e
Grado PS 500
HiFiMan HE-400 with Custom zabzaf designed SE Canare with Viablue cable
HifiMan HE 400i
Hifiman HE 560
Hifiman HE 1000
Koss PortaPro
Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs
Sennheiser HD 600
Sennheiser HD 650
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear
Shure SE846
Sony MDR-1R
Sony MDR-Z7
Stax Gamma SRs
Stax SR-30
Stax SR-007 MK1
Stax SR-009
Tralucent 1Plus2 Uber
UE900
Ultrasone PRO 900 Alpha Pads and Custom Kees Damping Mod
Vsonic GR07II
ZMF Omni
ZMF X-Vibro

Sources:

Anedio D2
Astell & Kern AK100II
Astell & Kern AK240
Astell & Kern AK380 with AK380 Amp
Ayre Acoustics Codex
Ayre Acoustics QB9 DSD DAC
Cambridge Dacmagic
Chord Hugo TT
Fiio X3II
Fiio X5
Gustard DAC-X12
HRT Music Streamer II
JDS Labs The Element
LH Labs Geek Pulse
LH Labs Geek Pulse X
Meridian Director/Direct DAC
Pono
Questyle QP1R
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Schiit Modi Uber
Schiit Bifrost Uber
Schiit Yggdrasil
Sony NW-ZX1
UltraFi DAC 41

Amps:

ALO Continental Dual Mono
Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball and capacitor/wiring mods
Burson Conductor SL
Eddie Current Super 7 Modded
Fiio E09k
Fiio E10k
Fiio E12
Fiio E17
Geek Out V2
Gustard H-10
HDTA Serenade DSD DAC
HeadAmp Blue Hawaii SE
HeadAmp GS-X MkII
HeadAmp Pico / Pico Power
JDS Labs O2
Lepai LP-2020A+
McIntosh 1900
Schiit Fulla
Schiit Lyr
Schiit Magni 2
Schiit Mjolnir 2 With Tubes and LISST
Stax SRD-4 Electret Adapter
Woo Audio WA6 SE

Other:

iFi iUSB power with Gemini USB
Schiit Wyrd
Schiit Sys

Apr 26, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #5 of 103
AKG should be well represented! I'm hoping to have quite a few more cans by then :)

May 23, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #13 of 103
What's up guys (ladies)? I have been reading about other meets happening around the world and came across Currawong's review that I will post here. It is review of a meet (it's more than just a "meet") in Tokyo.

It can give us all here in our newly formed Southeastern Michigan chapter some inspiration.

Two words: FIVE FLOORS

https://www.facebook.com/groups/headfi.org/permalink/10153418454459736/

Happy reading. And drooling....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back