Southeast Michigan Meeting on 10/19/2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #63 of 88
If it wouldn't be soggy and cold by the time it got here, @joe and I would try to convince someone to bring us some fresh Skyline.

That is a brilliant idea... But it is pretty challenging to get the fresh Skyline there without make it soggy and cold...:confused:
I have a better suggestion here that come to the Springboro OH meeting this year and I will get freshy fresh Skylines for you two:beyersmile:

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #65 of 88
There's another meet happening in Springboro this year? I don't recall seeing one posted. Let me know when it is and I'll try to make it down. Afterwards I can continue on to see the Cincinnati family.

Skyline, LaRosa's, Montgomery Inn, Graeter's... so many things to eat while down that way.

I think Rick mentioned we will have one, I can check with him. Glad to have you guy down here!

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #66 of 88
Sending out some reminders as the meet is just over a week away at this point. I visited Paulson's last week to discuss the event and setup as we have 28 people officially registered to attend this year. They are bringing in extra tables to accommodate the large crowd and gear. Be sure to update the registration spreadsheet with any gear / attendance changes etc.

Date: October 19, 2019
Time: 10AM to 3PM
Location: Paulson's Audio & Video - 37670 W 12 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills, MI 48331

Code of Conduct
1. Bring an extension cord or power strip if you can (along with other cables necessary for your setup). Don't forget to bring your source as well as amplification.
2. Be careful and respect other members properties, ask before you pull a phone out of a plug (this can be bad for certain amps) or borrow a headphone to try on your own gear
3. Be on the watch out for power cords and headphone cable on the floor and tables, you can easily knock over equipment
4. Keep food or drinks away from tables with peoples equipment.
5. No wet hair, do not put anything in your hair at all (e.g. wax, gel, mousse etc) that could be transferred to someones headphone. Strong aftershave or deodorants are also not good.
6. Be mindful of your gear. Theft is highly unlikely but leaving keys, wallets, or expensive small items unattended may not be the best idea.
7. Be courteous to others and your surroundings. It really goes without saying but remember the store is officially open for business during our meet so limiting conversation or actions that could be offensive to others is appreciated.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #67 of 88
I’m a last minute entry if that’s ok. Just got some surprise time off work. I’m a newbie looking to upgrade everything (except the Valhalla) and am open to any reasonable offers if anyone is interested. Otherwise, just looking forward to it.

Oct 13, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #68 of 88
marked it on my calendar!

i have a fiio k3 and jdslabs atom but i wasnt planning on bringing that stuff.

I also have HSU Research HB1 Mk II speakers, but i dont know that paulson's would be OK with me bringing in something like that, or have somewhere for people to have a listen.

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #69 of 88
I also have HSU Research HB1 Mk II speakers, but i dont know that paulson's would be OK with me bringing in something like that, or have somewhere for people to have a listen.

I asked and the answer is:
Sure! Bring them in and we would be happy to help set up for a comparison.
Thanks,
Dan Paulson
Vice President of Technical Sales
Paulson’s Audio & Video​

The have more than a few dedicated speaker rooms so you could compare what you have to what they have in the store. I might bring my Fyne bookshelf's in to compare to the new B&W 600s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back