South Florida Summer 2005 meet
Jun 6, 2005 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
It was the PPX3 SLAM.

Thanks Mike!
wink.gif
I have been waiting to hear what people thought of the PPX3 SLAM.

Jun 6, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #32 of 188
Quote:

It was the PPX3 SLAM.

My bad. Let me go back and edit that marathon post. It took me all afternoon to write it!

Jun 6, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #33 of 188
Yeah, you should of heard GS when he asked me to ring him. You think after saying my username 4 times he might know me....
wink.gif

It was kinda funny until I remembered i phoned him and phone charges aren't exactly cheap where I live.

Tyrion>That suprise won't reach you until some time in the week. Sorry I couldn't get it in time for the meet.

Jun 6, 2005 at 12:58 AM Post #34 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Tyrion>That suprise won't reach you until some time in the week. Sorry I couldn't get it in time for the meet.

Don't worry, I had plenty to keep me busy at the meet. I am looking forward to it, wait, I don't know what it is, or do I. I don't remember anymore but I am sure I will enjoy it.

Jun 6, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #35 of 188
Quote:

Don't worry, I had plenty to keep me busy at the meet. I am looking forward to it, wait, I don't know what it is, or do I. I don't remember anymore but I am sure I will enjoy it.

It's a pair of headphones. You might like them/ you might not. It's been a while since I have sent you any goodies so I thought this one might cheer you up.

Jun 6, 2005 at 1:03 AM Post #36 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
So as not to disappoint everyone, let me tell you from the onset that I didn't take any pictures myself, and anyone who claims to have taken a picture of me must be a liar!!! As Shaggy says, "Say it wasn't me!"

Too bad this guy seems like fun....
wink.gif

IM000328.jpg

Amicalement

Jun 6, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #37 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
It was kinda funny until I remembered i phoned him and phone charges aren't exactly cheap where I live

I was dead tired, between a tree and a car under a small patch of shade. I couldnt see (eyes were burning from fatigue) and couldnt think straight...

You were supposed to call me BEFORE I left for the airport. You called me after I left to the airport, flew into Houston, drove half way to Austin and almost died.

LOL
eggosmile.gif

I should teach you to use "calling cards" like the rest of us
wink.gif
Give me your number and I will call you with my calling card. We can wag all day for less than $5.00
cool.gif

Thanks for calling though. I have decided to go for the Cyrus CD6...and I am giving up my Dynamic setup in favor of a electrostatic setup.

YGPM by the way...

gs

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #39 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
I was dedad tired, between a tree and a car under a small patch of shade. I couldnt see (eyes were burning from fatigue) and couldnt think straight...

You were supposed to call me BEFORE I left for the airport. You called me after I left to the airport, flew into Houston, drove half way to Austin and almost died.

LOL
eggosmile.gif

I should teach you to use "calling cards" like the rest of us
wink.gif
Give me your number and I will call you with my calling card. We can wag all day for less than $5.00
cool.gif

Thanks for calling though. I have decided to go for the Cyrus CD6...and I am giving up my Dynamic setup in favor of a electrostatic setup.

YGPM by the way...

gs

LOL good to hear you got back safely in one piece
biggrin.gif

Giving up dynamics, eh? I am definitely gonna have to spend some time with your SR-404's when you get that amp for them finished.

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #40 of 188
Wish I was there!

Hey Wayne...what's that funny looking yellow thingy on your head. Was that a shade for DBT listening, or something that a parakeet wears?
tongue.gif

Also...the T300 cover comes off to change media? I wonder why Shanling didn't make it like the T200, and just have it hinge up
confused.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:39 AM Post #41 of 188
It is waaaay cooler this way. There is a sense of "occasion" when you use this source...it is like an art. You should have come. The way OZ (the audio store guy) handled his HRX was fascinating to observe...very clinical and yet with so much respect and affection.

The funny thing on his head is to keep his grunnge off the headphones...and other's grunge off his head...yeah...Wayne is kinda sensitive to the body effluence related subjects...

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
Wish I was there!

Hey Wayne...what's that funny looking yellow thingy on your head. Was that a shade for DBT listening, or something that a parakeet wears?
tongue.gif

Also...the T300 cover comes off to change media? I wonder why Shanling didn't make it like the T200, and just have it hinge up
confused.gif

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #42 of 188
Wayne, Did you get a chance to run your new Shanling through its balanced outputs into the SDS-XLR?

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #43 of 188
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
Wayne, Did you get a chance to run your new Shanling through its balanced outputs into the SDS-XLR?

let me answer that - he was too busy unpacking it when he first came in...then he was too busy packing it before we closed. I was probably the ONLY one in the room to listen to the T100 and the T200. The T200 holds promise. The T100 was OK. The T300 sounds good...but it is just too distracting
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the only sources used with the Balanced SDS were the Meridian 508 and the SONY SCD1. I like the SCD1 for it's transparency and stuunning build quality. This thing will crush a Meridian into fine powder...and the sound is stunnning!

Jun 6, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #44 of 188
That cover was pretty heavy, definitely wouldn't seem right with a hinge. And the light up battery powered holder is just completely over the top in a good way.

Another mention for PsychoZX's Feel amp. We were all shocked at the performance of that $400 beauty ($600 with shipping, it's very heavy). An amazing find and grats to him for taking the plunge. This amp had the transparency & drive to go along with its breathtaking looks and solid build. I'll let others who are better at describing these things take a shot at it, but this amp was definitely a hit.

Jun 6, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #45 of 188
Guys I'm drooling, just remembered the S.FL meet was this weekend, and quickly found this thread. What a collection of gear!!!!!! That indeed looks that the most impressive Head-fi FL meet so far. It only has gotten better and better it seems.

I so wish I had been there to:
1) see everyone again of course and meet the new participants
2) listen to that new Shanling player of yours Wayne
3) listen to that Cyrus player (Cyrus has been most recommended CD player several times in UK magazines)
4) listen to the Ear Max Pro amp (The Ear Max is an amp I've known of since I first heard of Head-fi, but haven't even seen one in person)
5) listen to those mega amps by Ray and Mikhail.
6) listen to the SA5000K's and the Qualia's
7) listen to the mighthy Orpheus again

Well hopefully in some other meet(s).

Guys come on where are those impressions?!!! More impressions please!!!!!!!!!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back