South Florida Meets!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #31 of 53
Would like to say thanks to [u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]jjacq[/color][/u] for organizing the meet, and also to Mike for hosting the meet and his fine hospitality..

Also a big thank you to everyone for bringing there fine gear to listen to and there friendliness  A great experience for me

Look forward to the next one..

May 24, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #34 of 53
Hello fellow Floridians. I just joined the site and see that I missed the fun. Hopefully i can join in some future meets. Unfortunately I don't have nice gear to share yet.

May 24, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #36 of 53
Where are you guys at in s. Florida? We just held a meet at my house 6-7 weeks ago in Wellington.
There are a core group of us. 2 in Miami (one moving next month though) , 1 in Boca and I'm in Wellington.
We have some of the best equipment around (LCD,3,4,XC,Hifiman he-1k V1,v2, he-6,he-500, Focal Utopias
Zmf Eikons, Wells Audio Geadtrip amp, Eddie Current Studio Amp, Schiit Mjolnir2, Dave Dac, Oppo Sonica Dac, Schiit Modi Dac.,
Audeze iSine 20, Campfire Audio,and more).
If interested, I'll let you guys know whenever we have a meet. Usually several times a year.

May 25, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #39 of 53
Nothing planned as of this time. Our main coordinator, Jacqueline, is moving next month and I think I may have to now coordinate future meets.
We usually hold them as some new equipment is introduced or members upgraded to newer, different gear. We'll let you know right here when we are ready to meet again. Likely a few months.

Jul 2, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #40 of 53
I know there hasn't been much activity in this thread for a little while but I would really love to be able to go to a meetup some time. I'm new to head-fi and relatively new to hifi so hello fellow Floridians! Keep me updated if you're able.

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #41 of 53
Well welcome to HeadFi!

People down here don't seem to like meets, but this is south florida where most people aren't too friendly.

If some people do meet they don't post it here. I have been a member for quite some time and still have never been to a meet.

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #42 of 53
Well that kinda sucks. :\
I guess I can add that to the list of reasons I want to move out of Florida

Jul 2, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #43 of 53
This is an untrue statement, south Florida people are very friendly and I have made very good friends here. They have taught a noob quite a bit, and I was grateful to have met them. Sometimes, as hard as we try, public places cannot be secured for meetings, and it is left up to the host on how many guests he can accommodate in his or her home. I will do my best to host a meet soon at my business, I have not done so in awhile since I love farther south than most, but I will extend the invitation and try to make it happen. Welcome to head-fi.

Cheers.

Jul 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #44 of 53
What Smazz said :o2smile:... I would be willing to hold another meet at my home in West Palm (Wellington)
Zark and Jimster...you will both be invited.
We hope to hold one soon. Jjacq was our main coordinator but she has moved out of state.
Typical gear we have at our meets are
Audeze LCD XC,LCD-3f,LCD-4. Hifiman He-500,HE-560,He-6 and HE-1k V2
Audeze isine 20 and campfire audio iems. Zmf Eikons. Focal Utopias.
Eddie Current Studio amp. Wells Audio Headtrip Amp. Schiit Audio mjolnir2
Chord Dave Dac. Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/Dac. Schiit Modi Dac
Burson Air portable amp. Fiio E12 diy portable amp. Wells Audio Looking Glass Power Conditioner
....And more.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #45 of 53
Sounds great! If there's anything I could do to help don't be afraid to ask! I'm like 3 hours away, south of Tampa.
I can offer my CA Jupiters and my Valhalla amp in the meet at least, all the other stuff I have is basically just mid-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back