South Florida Meet 10/23/04
Oct 23, 2004 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 138

NightWoundsTime

A nice hunk of young man
Well we are in the midst of a wonderful meet but I just wanted to post the first picture, soon to become a classic:

DSC00384.jpg

Expect much more later
icon10.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 138
definately having a great time, im listening to a pair of AKG K1000's being driven by my modified PIMETA and its actually sounding damn nice
eek.gif

here are some pics from my 1D
smily_headphones1.gif

redoing pics hold up

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 138
redoing pics

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Believe it or not, they are r10 killers. They sound best with Singlepower, Ray Samuels, Headsave, JMT, and other amps.

Are you serious? Who makes them and what kind of driver do they use? EDIT: And how much do they cost?

Oct 23, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #9 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
Are you serious? Who makes them and what kind of driver do they use? EDIT: And how much do they cost?

They are a collaberation between Sennheiser, Grado and Sony. It's was a secret project that was leaked.

Oct 23, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 138
Is that the measuring for the Qualia headphones? haha.

I like how the plasma screen is the headphone stand
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
Is that the measuring for the Qualia headphones? haha.

I like how the plasma screen is the headphone stand
biggrin.gif

That is the only thing the lcd screen is used for since finding head-fi. And, yes, it is the measuring device for the Qualia headphone.

Oct 24, 2004 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 138
I want to thank everyone that attended the meet. Most of you came from other parts of the state and out of state. It was a great time. Last night was great. Gene, Guru and Matt came over and set up there gear. Gene left his Maestro, Stealth, r10's, L3000 and Stax set up. I was up to 2:30 in the morning listening to to the r10's and Stax. All I can say is they were amazing. I was amazed by the little amp that could, the sr-71. That is a neat little amp. I would have to say that my favorite headphone of the meet were the r10's, which I guess is no surprise. I put those on for the first time and it was like I was in a small room with music all around. I think it was the first time I truly experienced soundstage with headphones. I spent a lot of time with the Eddie Current amp. It is a nice amp stuck somewhere between the MPX3 and the Maestro (closer to the MPX3). I used it with my MS2's and steveio's CD3000. I will be spending a lot more time in the next week or so with the amp, as long as Craig doesn't ask for it back. Actually, it may be sold and if I am the buyer I will have plenty of time to audition it. The surprise for me, beside the sr-71 was the Moretto HAP-3, it think that is the name. A very nice rich sounding tube amp. I will try to get some pics up, not of Ray in a few.

Oct 24, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #14 of 138
Neat! Let's see more. And please label who is who while you're at it.

-coma

P.S. That's quite the southwestern theme you've got going. Probably not your typical S. Florida home decor, but I wouldn't know.

Oct 24, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #15 of 138
seems like a great meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

what gear was present?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back