South East Michigan meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #31 of 179
I would be interested, I know Ive talked a little to @givemetacos on reddit. Only issue would be timing, we all live in Michigan so we know we only get a super finite amount of really nice weather here so springs and summers there are very few weekends I have nothing going on.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #32 of 179
I would be interested, I know Ive talked a little to @givemetacos on reddit. Only issue would be timing, we all live in Michigan so we know we only get a super finite amount of really nice weather here so springs and summers there are very few weekends I have nothing going on.

Cool, I'll mark you as interested. Since I would just be hosting this at my apartment this would be a really casual gathering. And since I am a grad student I have no set schedule really and I would be down to do this on a weekday evening if that is any easier for people.

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #35 of 179
Mark me down as well @givemetacos. I just got a pair of HD650s in the mail so those will be coming with me

Got it. Ok in order to not confuse my potential mini-meet with the official Fall head-fi meet, let's not get into details in this thread. All of you that are interested, shoot me a private message and give me your e-mail. I'll put together a shareable google doc for everyone and we can use that to hash out dates as well as gear you would bring.

May 13, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #36 of 179
Just an update on the little mini-meet I am putting together, we have now set a date, time, and location . It will be held on Sunday, June 3rd 1pm at The Lili-Kai Club in Commerce, MI. I was fortunate enough to meet a fellow headphone enthusiast that happens to have built his own home tiki bar and he graciously offered to host the event at his place.

Since this is a smaller, mini-meet it would really help to keep track of everyone that is coming to make sure we can accommodate. If you haven't already signed up, please use this google doc to do so (you can ignore the date categories since we have that settled now). Also, in that doc you can list what gear you have available. Also, you can add notes to request specific gear from others that you are interested in hearing. So yeah, probably good to keep the google doc link handy so you can periodically check it and see what new people sign-up and what potential new gear there could be.

Hopefully some of you here can make it out, it should be a really fun event!

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #39 of 179
We will throw out a bunch of furniture if we have to to make room for you Jude.

Hey now, I've lost a pound or two since the last meet. :grinning:

I'll wait to see what's on the gear list before Brian (@AxelCloris) and I decide what to bring. We're not trying to be mysterious, we just want to minimize gear overlap, as I have a very small car.

May 25, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #41 of 179
Hey now, I've lost a pound or two since the last meet. :grinning:

I'll wait to see what's on the gear list before Brian (@AxelCloris) and I decide what to bring. We're not trying to be mysterious, we just want to minimize gear overlap, as I have a very small car.

Awesome, it will be great to meet both you and Brian. For gear, if you are taking suggestions I know I am personally most interested in some of the higher end newer stuff that released in the last 6 months or so like Sundara, Susvara, HD660S, Clear, Voce, Audio Technica ADX5000, Elex, Klipsch HP-3, and anything Abyss. Also, if you guys still have a Mobius on hand I am curious about it (even though I already joined the campaign). Other than that I am also interested in any good tube amps.

Myself and a friend (Dan) have some Stax Lambdas that we are planning on doing a shootout with. There will be a L300, L500, L700, and SR404 there with 252S, 353X, and 006t energizers to compare. I haven't heard any of the Omegas myself so that's also something else I would be happy to see.

Otherwise, my plan right now is to bring my HD800 (SDR), ZMF Auteur, Atticus, LCD2C, Elear, HD6XX, and TH-X00. And for sources I will probably bring Modi Multibit, NFB-11, and Valhalla 2.

May 28, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #45 of 179
How did this happen?

upload_2018-5-28_8-30-29.jpeg

So after a long period of hiding out, I think I can make this one...I sure miss the community! I added myself to the sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back