South Bay area Head-Fi meet late 2016 + impressions - Alum Rock Library 11-26-16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #106 of 116

I am good driving to 92.  The meeting had maybe 30 people and space more than enough.  We did not use the middle tables.

Great that you are moving the tradition ahead, @PurpleAngel.  I actually find the smaller meetings more fun, as you get time to better know people.  I am good to help in any way I can.

Hey Walfredo, might be helpful if you could brainstorm up some ideas on what might make people want to show up at a headphone get together.

Guess I should start scouting out possible locations.

Sure thing, @PurpleAngel.  I'll PM you and we can arrange something.

Anyone else interested, please join us...

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #107 of 116
Sounds cool guys, maybe I can also make it if you find a place for the next one. Though I'd recommend not putting it too close to April 7-9th which is the official Can Jam date. The most effective way I've found people to attend is just by starting a thread almost 2 months in advance and crossposting links on 4-5 other local threads, which helped me gather about 75 people early this year. (PM me for details at that stage, and I can also recommend 1-2 other 'Head-Fi' sites that are not allowed to be mentioned on this website).

Here is a link to impressions of my main highlight of today's meet.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #108 of 116
Unfortunately I couldnt make it to the meet as Im in San Diego but I would love to have compared my liquid glass to the elise.

Nov 27, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #110 of 116
Speaking of @amb, I have to say that even with all the summit-fi rigs I tried yesterday, it seems that with hardly any doubt, the largest soundstage I've heard all day was the self created rig from AMB. It also seemed to have excellent realism, especially for vocals. However I really wish I could have tested it with more rhythmic music, though I guess he did have Peter Gabriel which I missed. In the end though, I've honestly gotta tell you that it seems a major reason that may hold some people back on buying your DAC / AMPs is that they take so much desk space.

above shown is one single DAC + amp unit

If you could find a more space saving design (compact / vertical solution) yet still great sounding, that may be more appealing.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #115 of 116
Thanks for the meet.  It was awesome seeing and trying so many interesting headphones and dac/amp setups.  The pizza was also great.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #116 of 116
If there is another meet being set up around the bay, please do it when I am not working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back