South Bay area Head-Fi meet late 2016 + impressions - Alum Rock Library 11-26-16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #61 of 116
  Hello everybody, due to a miscommunication with Woo Audio, the library's policy on no selling at this event had slipped through the cracks. I'll be contacting the vendor to update his previous post. This is a free public event focused on educational / hobbyist purposes, rather than profit-driven

Thank you for the clarification. We're not attending purely to sell. We're bringing some well respected and desirable products so attendees can give them a listen and enjoy the gathering. If someone wants to buy the demo products, they know where to find us online. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 22, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #63 of 116
I will be bringing the following gear:

- Sennheiser HD800 and HD600 headphones
- AMB β22 amplifier
- AMB γ3 high resolution DAC
- AMB γ2 compact high performance DAC
- AMB γ1.5 miniature high-res USB DAC + headphone amp
- AMB γ1 miniature DAC
- AMB Mini³ portable headphone amplifier
- AMB κDCX-enhanced Behringer DCX2496 DSP electronic crossover
- laptop computer as music source

With the exception of the headphones and computer, every piece is DIY, or with major DIY components (DCX2496).

I need a full table if available.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #64 of 116
I will probably attend.

I have a new preamp and phones-amp to demo (a sercona PGA preamp that I co-designed with jeff wilhelm):

I could use a full table or half-table if you are tight for space.

also looking for beta testers.  I'll have some blank pcb's with me for both the psu and preamp board.  it runs arduino code that I developed and it will be opensourced.

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #65 of 116
Due to family obligations I will not be attending this event. Hopefully in the new year I'll see you all again. Have an excellent holiday, everyone.

Nov 22, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #66 of 116
I'll be bringing:
- balanced AKG K812
- balanced AKG K7XX
- PS Audio Directstream Junior
- Gustard X20U
- Schiit Ragnarok
- Cavalli Liquid Carbon

Nov 22, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #67 of 116
'Great Scott!', this is shaping out to be the mother of all local meets - that I've been to anyway, and with much unique gear that you'll likely not find even at a Can Jam! Experiencing and even comparing everything in six hours is gonna take a bit of skill / finesse.. or maybe a bit of body cloning if anybody knows a cloning center in Silicon Valley, LOL 
rolleyes.gif
. Otherwise, we can hopefully rely on meet impressions for any of us who missed something or couldn't attend.

@amb Yup there should be a whole table available, but I recommend to come early for set up and to get the best spot. It looks like 9:30 is the soonest though, so that's OK if your set-up runs a little into the show. Please make sure to bring your own power strips though.

@linuxworks that setup looks amazing!

@trappedintime welcome!

@HiFiGuy528 If you have more than one Focal Utopia please bring it, since just one may be stretched quite thin

Nov 22, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #69 of 116
Unless something urgent comes up, I think I should be able to come. My stuff isn't super fancy like all of your guys' but I figured I'll bring them anyway to a/b and because no one has them listed yet.

Bringing:
Both my little dacports.
CEntrance DACport HD
CEntrance DACport Slim

Two cans:
Philips SHP9500
AKG K553 Pro

IEMs are staying at home.

I have a HD 6XX on the way and would like to know how well my Dacports power them. It would be great if anyone could bring a 1/4 to 3.5mm adapter(assuming most of your guys' headphones end in 6.35mm) and let me test a HD 6X0 with my Dacports.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #71 of 116
Does anyone else have a pair of ATH-R70x headphones that we can demo at the meet? I'm considering getting one soon, but want to test it with more equipment. NA Blur isn't able to bring his... I like it for being an open-back with a very tight/punchy sound sig. and slightly bright. Very much like the HD-600 but that would be nice to have headphones with a variety of drivers since I've already got the HD-650. Or if anyone has a similar open can to the above, I'd be interested to try it.

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #72 of 116
This is looking pretty awesome, folks!!

Levi, with so much great stuff, I am going to upgrade to the best gear I have... even with the increased bulk. :)  I am going to bring my Dac Lite 60 + ifi iCan.  Headphones remain the lovely Audio Technica W1000* series.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #73 of 116
doing the dirty work of breaking in a fresh pair of Focal Utopia + Nordost Heimdall2 upgrade cable for the meet. It's a tough job but someone has to do it... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #74 of 116
  Does anyone else have a pair of ATH-R70x headphones that we can demo at the meet? I'm considering getting one soon, but want to test it with more equipment. NA Blur isn't able to bring his... I like it for being an open-back with a very tight/punchy sound sig. and slightly bright. Very much like the HD-600 but that would be nice to have headphones with a variety of drivers since I've already got the HD-650. Or if anyone has a similar open can to the above, I'd be interested to try it.

I want to audition R70X as well. High impedance phones from AT.

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #75 of 116
  doing the dirty work of breaking in a fresh pair of Focal Utopia + Nordost Heimdall2 upgrade cable for the meet. It's a tough job but someone has to do it... 
biggrin.gif

All right. If you really need a volunteer, I'll step up and volunteer for break-in duty. Where do I sign up?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back