South Bay area Head-Fi meet late 2016 + impressions - Alum Rock Library 11-26-16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #17 of 116
Hi Levi, Walfredo, & Ti,

Will try to make it, but after 4 business trips in about 6 weeks...I have lots of overdue family stuff to catch up on.

Hate to miss ANY meets, THANK you for throwing another one in the Bay Area.  
bigsmile_face.gif

If I can get anything interesting to you in time for the meet, I'll be in touch.  Subscribed!

Best,
C

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #18 of 116
Damn, I'd love to attend this meet but that is Thanksgiving weekend.

Have a great time, everyone. I will catch you all at the next one.

Nov 7, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #19 of 116
Wow, I never do anything for T-day, and didn't even realise about the holiday. At least it's 2 days afterwards anyway. 

This will be the last meet I plan on arranging, so any future local free meets will have to be set up by another member.
Anyway from the growing interest, looks like this is sure to be an epic and unique meet! Also if anyone has a record player, feel free to bring that as a source for a bit of change of pace as well 

Nov 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #21 of 116
  Throw me in the mix. I'll bring my HE-500's, speaker amp and SD-1955 dac. I'm so excited, this is my first meet.

Absolutely! Looking forward to it! I seriously recommend coming the whole day (just 6 hours this time) and get ready to learn / try a whole lotta new things that you may not have realised.

Also for everybody, please bring your own power strip / extension chords

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #24 of 116
  Koven I would really like to hear the WA2 amp, and any thoughts on its' comparison to the WA22 which I may be keen on getting sometime. Also I've just spent at least $1k on top 6AS7G class tubes (perfectly matched / NOS tested), and would like to try some of them out in your WA2 if you don't mind. I'm sure you'll be impressed with the result too!

​

ok no prob, i will bring the WA2.

imo WA22 is definitely a better amp, it is more powerful and versatile, i was aiming for WA22 originally but found a good deal on the OTL wa2, its an excellent pairing w/ my hd600 and other high ohm senn/beyers but it doesnt sound great w/ planars and low ohm headphones in general

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #25 of 116
Oh, I see. And the WA22 probably handles the lower-z cans better with the variable gain settings. Someone said that the WA22's having a transformer may have the potential to reduce the overall fidelity, vs. an OTL amp. Maybe we will have to try both sometime. Can we try some of my 6AS7G / 6080 / 5998 class tubes in your amp? I'll also have some phenomenal 6DJ8 / 12AT7 types also. They're all in excellent condition and I can let you change them if needed.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #27 of 116
Oh, cool! A Bay Area meet!

Yeah, I'll be in the Bay that weekend, so I'll come over if I can. Probably will only bring my reference headphone this time, and listen to other folks' systems and headphones for reference.

My main goal would be to see old friends again, talk with folks, and take photos. Hahaha.

Cheers, Levi and Walfredo! Hope to see you guys soon! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #29 of 116
I'm hoping to make this one. Been a bit out of the loop on the past few meets but have a lot more gear than a year ago. I've got balanced K812's and K7XX's, a liquid carbon, Ragnarok and DirectStream Jr. Definitely will bring the smaller items and my HA-1, and we'll see about the larger items. Maybe my Gustard X20 as well. Would love to bring my NuWave Phono for people to give a listen to over I2S but bringing a whole vinyl rig is a pain.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #30 of 116
Too awesome, folks! @DMck2000 and @R120 no problem, come & enjoy / discover what can be had. A local meet is a great place to start and I would also recommend attending an official Can Jam to get a broader perspective as well.

@Bill-P I can't believe you're in it again - seemed like you've left. And please check my PM I sent you - feel free to invite your local friends from the 'other' Hi-Fi enthusiasts group.
Which reference headphones would you like to bring? And could you also bring your modded HE-5 and Gumby DAC?

@trappedintime sounds awesome! And didn't you miss one of the previous meets? Please confirm which gear you plan to bring also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back