Source for a 90 degree mini-plug?
Oct 24, 2002 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

gerG

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody found a source for a decent 90 degree 1/8" stereo plug? I am using my DT250-250 at work a lot and the boingy cable is a nuisance. They need a yellow Canare cable, but I am in a quandry about what goes on the other end. My source at work is a PCDP with a killer built in amp, and I like the idea of plugging straight in, but space is tight. A 90 mini would fit the ticket. Anything else gets me into adapters, which I would like to avoid even more than mini-plugs.

Not enough room in the PCDP for a 1/4" jack, or the problem would be solved!

Another question, while I am being a pest: ever run across a source for the plug that interfaces to the DT250 (cord to cans)? Looks fairly common, but I haven't gone searching.

Thanks

gerG

Oct 24, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 6
I found a supplier called Calrad that seems to have everything you'd ever want, most of it pretty high quality.

On their audio adapters page they have what you're looking for. Part 35-484. Doesn't describe plating, etc, but email them and they'll tell you. Not sure if they have a minimum order requirement. But if you need any other random adapters, say a right-angle 2.5mm phono plug to RCA, they can help you with that, too.

kerely

Oct 24, 2002 at 8:49 PM Post #3 of 6
Switchcraft makes a nice all-metal one. I got them from Martek , I think that is the name of the company.

Oct 25, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 6
Wonderful, thanks guys. It is a nice surprise to see that Calrad is still in business. The tweeters in the first set of speakers that I built were Calrad aluminum domes. That was 1978!

gerG

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, their site says they've been in business for over 40 years. They really do have a ton of stuff at their site. Apparently I may be the first person here to try their interconnects, though. ...

kerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back