Source for 2 pin headphone connectors
Sep 3, 2020 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

audioguru1

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have a USA (or quick ship) source for 2 pin IEM connectors. I tried ebay and they sent me MMCX... not really wanting to try again. Plussound is out of stock...

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #4 of 9
It shouldn't matter. 2 conductors is all you really need as long as the gauge isn't too thick or unruly. For the 2 pin connector what IEM are you wanting to hook up? You told me the cable and not the IEM. It's hard for us to tell you a cable if you don't tell us specifically the connectors you need or the IEM.

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 9
I’m simply looking for a place I can buy a 2 pin IEM connector I can solder on to wire I already have. I haven’t had any luck finding 2 pin connectors I can buy within the USA...

Sep 20, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 9
That’s where the not wanting to try again comes into play. I did contact but don’t want to go through shipping from China again. For anyone actually interested Null Audio had stock and was very helpful .

Oct 1, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #8 of 9
On a Linum cable, changing from MMCX to 2 Pin. Why does it matter?
Linum cables are extremely difficult to reterminate. They have 6 tiny threads, each a different colour, and each of those threads is a series of tinier wires. If you unravel the threads you’re in trouble as it’s litz, so impossible to know which is which without tinning. They’re very, very fidgety cables so be careful
Here’s the image they sent me (in this quality, I don’t have a higher resolution image)

2795CE60-4F53-4C03-B544-B3E45DE6F433.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back