1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SoundStage/Theatre/Bass/Power [Need help assuming unlimited budget]

1. johntheman123
    Assuming an unlimited budget, I'd love to get some of the experts on here to chime in..

-- Although the budget is unlimited, the person using these IEM's won't be willing to buy or carry any other accessories other than his iphone 5 (no amp or whatever). Purely the budget is for the IEM'S---

The user LOVES powerful and BASS you can FEEL. He wants to feel like, if listening to Tron soundtrack for example, that he's in the movie theater or even better: he's Tron himself. 

If he's listening to the Batman soundtrack, he wants to again - feel like he's in the theater, or feel like he's actually batman (don't laugh). 

He wants the sound to be separated (sound-stage) and very 3D in feeling. 

Headphones I've considered but would love your input on either these listed below, or general recommendations:

JH16's

UM Merlin

Westone ES5

The issue with this type of purchase is there's no way to try these things. I bought Shure 535's and thought they were terrible. I'm terrified I'll get some custom and be sucked in the hole for something I don't like.

I currently own Westone 4R's and preferred the bass within those to the lack of Bass, in my experience, in the UE 900's. I hated the shures. Would love to get the clarity of a UE 900 and the bass of a Bose over ear headphone.

Thanks for your input!