soundstage AKG K701??
Mar 16, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #16 of 22
K701's are still all that...

not sure what sort marshmellow heads you have, how the headband could phase you in the slightest blows me away.

Best headphones you can get in the 230+ price range.. hands down.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

not sure what sort marshmellow heads you have, how the headband could phase you in the slightest blows me away.

Bahahaha! "Marshmellow heads"
blink.gif
280smile.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Best headphones you can get in the 230+ price range.. hands down.

You know it depends on the shape of the head. If something comfortwise bothers me just a little it takes the focus from the music.

Mar 16, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxymoron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And besides, if you're not doing Zoolander-like poses in the mirror while you're listening, you won't care what colour they are when you're wearing them!

I think I just spit up my coke on my LCD screen dammit!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #20 of 22
some funny comments in this thread
biggrin.gif

The headband will soften over time.
Mine hurt at first also, but I never notice it anymore.

Mar 17, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #21 of 22
just got mine today, burned them in for about 7 hours before listening, and man, they sound amazing. replaced senn's 650 whose left driver went dead on me. don't know why that happened, but in any event, i love these. first of all, they feel better. i'm having no problem with the headband. and i think since im using a tube amp, and listen mostly to vinyl, they're a better match than the senn's were. just my opinion, of course. and with all the talk about break in, man, im excited because my soundstage and detail is already pretty terrific..

Mar 17, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #22 of 22
^Everything he said when I 1st got mine,
except I thought the Senn 650's were more comfortable.
YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back