Soundsoul S-018 Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2015 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 283

BloodyPenguin

Headphoneus Supremus
The Soundsoul S-018 is yet another inexpensive gem found right here on the forums.

Soundsoul S-018 site page:  http://www.soundsoul.com.cn/index.php?m=en&a=product&id=11

- The Head-Fi community have been raving about the great vocals and wide soundstage. - 

*Looking to rate it, go here:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundsoul-s-018-acoustic-natural-ebony-wood-and-metal-fusion-earphones

Below are stock specifications and photos on the S-018:

1. Frequency Response: 20-20kHz
  2. Impedance at 1KHz: 16Ohms
  3. Sensitivity: 102dB @ 1kHz SPL @ 0.1V
  4. Total Weight:  12g
  5. Cable Length:  120cm
  6. Transducter:  Precision 9mm neodymium dynamic driver
  7. Manufacturer Warranty:SoundSOUL

~There seems to be two versions.~

Version 1 (Older?) - Has color coded blue and red connections for right and left with a lighter wood:

Version 2 (Newer?) - Dark wood with black connections:

Both versions seem to come with some kind of nice mini hard case:  

**I will update the first post with any corrections or any other information members see fit to share on this thread.**

Jan 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 283
Here is what my personal Soundsoul S-018 looks like:

Even though it comes with six different sizes of eartips (including 3 double flange tips), none of them worked for me.

I am using the Comply T-400 (small) size tips, they have been slightly trimmed in the back to fit it perfectly:

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 283
The back of the box says that these have 9mm neodymium dynamic drivers. I have a feeling that whoever made the SoundSOUL listing copied and pasted some descriptions from other brands of wooden earphones:

JLab Audio (bullet point descriptions under "INCLUDES")
  1. "full range titanium micro drivers specially tuned for wood resonance"
  2. "Revolutionary fusion of all-natural ebony wood (color may vary from image) and pure aluminum enclosure for unparalleled audio fidelity"

MediaDevil
  1. "housed in premium wood reclaimed from luxury furniture manufacturers"

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #4 of 283
  The back of the box says that these have 9mm neodymium dynamic drivers. I have a feeling that whoever made the SoundSOUL listing copied and pasted some descriptions from other brands of wooden earphones:

JLab Audio (bullet point descriptions under "INCLUDES")
  1. "full range titanium micro drivers specially tuned for wood resonance"
  2. "Revolutionary fusion of all-natural ebony wood (color may vary from image) and pure aluminum enclosure for unparalleled audio fidelity"

MediaDevil
  1. "housed in premium wood reclaimed from luxury furniture manufacturers"

Nice finds.  I will get my Soundsoul S-018 Box and see what info I can pull from there and the Soundsoul website.

EDIT, I copied info right off the back of the box and into the first post.  Should be all good now.  Thanks again PeterDLai.

Jan 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 283
Peter is still trying to say it's not a titanium driver just because it's not on the box? LOL Shure claims on their box that their drivers are "micro drivers", when they are BA's. Not what most think as actually being "micro drivers". The Tenore are micro drivers, but aren't mentioned as such. Since I emailed them and never got an answer back denying they are titanium micro drivers, then I'm not going to say they aren't.

Either way, they are amazingly tuned, have great stage, clarity, extension on both ends, and If only for the slight lack of air and space, might be one of those mythical "giant killers" so often mentioned here.

THE SOUNDSOUL S-018 ROCK!!

carry on gentlemen.

Jan 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 283
Peter is still trying to say it's not a titanium driver just because it's not on the box? LOL Shure claims on their box that their drivers are "micro drivers", when they are BA's. Not what most think as actually being "micro drivers". The Tenore are micro drivers, but aren't mentioned as such. Since I emailed them and never got an answer back denying they are titanium micro drivers, then I'm not going to say they aren't.

Either way, they are amazingly tuned, have great stage, clarity, extension on both ends, and If only for the slight lack of air and space, might be one of those mythical "giant killers" so often mentioned here.

THE SOUNDSOUL S-018 ROCK!!

carry on gentlemen.

Not sure where you're getting that I'm saying it's not a titanium driver. Please don't put words in my mouth. I have no clue what kind of drivers are inside (I don't even own these), I'm simply stating that the descriptions on Amazon which you are blindingly taking for truth appear to be ripped off of the marketing lingo for other brands (word for word mind you). Whether these descriptors happen to be true for the SoundSOUL as well, who knows. Furthermore, there's a driver size discrepancy between the description on Amazon and what it says on the box. These are cheap enough that someone could (for science!) just break one open and measure the driver size.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #8 of 283
Not sure where you're getting that I'm saying it's not a titanium driver. Please don't put words in my mouth. I have no clue what kind of drivers are inside (I don't even own these), I'm simply stating that the descriptions on Amazon which you are blindingly taking for truth appear to be ripped off of the marketing lingo for other brands (word for word mind you). Whether these descriptors happen to be true for the SoundSOUL as well, who knows. Furthermore, there's a driver size discrepancy between the description on Amazon and what it says on the box. These are cheap enough that someone could (for science!) just break one open and measure the driver size.

You might have a point with the driver size discrepancy? My apologies. I hadn't noticed that.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 283

Yeah the same debate were corrected and thought we were waiting on mfr's confirmation on this same subject......anyway unless until the mfr confirms whether or not its a titanium coated diaphragm,no matter what the online retailers reflect in their product description and same implies on the driver's dia.....its better not to put it in the tech specs.

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #11 of 283
You can get it on taobao

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #12 of 283
http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.87.2KUFAR&id=19655857098&ns=1&abbucket=17

This is for all of you who want to jump on these magnificent budget IEMs, and have what should be everybody's starter woodie.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #13 of 283
Any other place where I could buy them with international shipping (to EU). Their amazon shop doesn`t provide shipping to Estonia. 
That Taobao site is impossible to navigate (I don`t know chinese and google translate won`t translate the page).

Want to get these aside to KZEDSE and Piston v2.1.

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #14 of 283
Any other place where I could buy them with international shipping (to EU). Their amazon shop doesn`t provide shipping to Estonia. 
That Taobao site is impossible to navigate (I don`t know chinese and google translate won`t translate the page).

Want to get these aside to KZEDSE and Piston v2.1.

Find a tb agent who ships to your country and they will take care of delivering it to your door for a service charge.....

Jan 2, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 283
Sorry to sound stupid but how do I find this tb agent? Taobao search gives me only loads on sneakers for result, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back