SoundMAGIC Vento P55 (New & Refined) Head-Fi Reviewers Wanted!

First

Back
  1. moedawg140 Contributor

Hey Takeanidea, nice to hear from you!

I've got an idea, and I'll run it by Tony-Hifi tonight (I'm accompanying my brother in law right now so he can take his driving test) - and hopefully the idea will come to fruition.

Congratulations to all reviewers in advance!

2. Takeanidea
    Hi Maurice,
    I am happy to hear from you . Did your brother pass his test? I wanted to get in touch with you because I was worried that this quest for a renegotiation of the review t&c's might cause bad feelings between the headfi ops and the sponsors which would not be my intention at all
    regards
    Trev

3. moedawg140 Contributor

Hi Trev,

He did pass his test!  I was proud of him for passing so I took him and my wife and treated them to Bruxie in Orange County - such scrumptious food!  You've got to go if you are ever in the Southern California area!

As for everything else you have mentioned, no issues or worries at all! [​IMG]

4. Takeanidea
    Yep, with Bruxies Oceanside Long Beach and Huntingdon there's a few reasons to check that part of the world out 

5. Jackpot77
    Hi Tony

Would be happy to take part in this latest tour (happy with whatever terms you agree with the guys regarding duration and postage costs etc - not participated in enough tours to have a valid opinion on that as yet!)

Details are as below:
    Head-Fi username: Jackpot77
    Location (City within the UK): Bristol
    SoundMAGIC products previously used: E10S
    Source gear: Xperia Z3C w/ Neutron Player, Sansa Clip+, Cayin C5, iCan Micro SE, Surface Pro 2, waiting on Echobox Explorer (hopefully mid-August arrival)
    Link to a previous review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1-high-fidelity-audiophile-in-ear-headphones-with-detachable-cables/reviews/16357

Cheers
    Ross.

Change is Good likes this.
  6. Takeanidea
    I am coming to the end of my review period with the Vento and one thing has occurred to me....... how can you tell if you have a new,refined model? How many of the old Ventos are left out there from November 2015, their previous launch date? How would a customer know whether he was getting the old model or the new one? 

7. Tony-Hifi

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for bringing up this question, it is a good chance to make the situation clear on the SoundMAGIC Vento headphone.

I can confirm that none of the original Vento models were ever sold in Europe or the USA, all shipments were recalled and later exchanged for the latest 2016 model.
    The only Vento headphones that may possibly floating around in those regions would be the odd review sample if any were not returned..

As far as I am aware the same is true for the rest of the world, but due to the time difference between here (UK) and China I cannot confirm this 100% right now, but I will check tomorrow and update in the unlikely event that they have ever been sold elsewhere.

8. Takeanidea
    Wow! That proves there is some value to these reviews. I was the first one to slate the originals although others very quickly followed. Let me say here and now the new version bears no resemblance to the sound of the original model. 

9. Takeanidea
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/818513/soundmagic-vento-p55-newly-revised-impressions
    It's up [​IMG] thank you Tony for keeping the faith in Trev[​IMG]I hope to be a continual part of HiFiHeadphones tours for as long as you'll let me on the bus. I have made a special Vento impressions thread for those who wish to join me , otherwise you can try and get yourself on the front page of headfi and post a nice review to add to my original one.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-vento-p55-on-ear-headphones

And a 50 word impression taster :
    They're back! After a recall initiated 9 months ago, has the wait been worth it? Have the problems of the past been resolved? The answer is yes, but with some reservations. Bass is tighter[​IMG]highs are no longer shrill[​IMG]but...other headphones arguably offer more.Lively sounding, suited to modern genres.

10. colcol53
    Tested the new p55 after 72 hours of burn in
    They fill very nice on my head
    Good bass but not like the hp150 sub bass
    The seal is not very good not as good as other soundmagic stuff
    The lower mids are good
    Their a cut in 1k plus area
    Their is a hi Q boost in around the 10K
    Nice all arounder headphones
    Good cables
    great case
    More real sound then AT M50x