SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series
Nov 20, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #181 of 227
Hey guys just ordered E80S and can actually say I'm fairly impressed with the bass on these. I haven't tried E50, but the amount on E80 is more than enough.

It's just - balanced. It leaves door for full bass response while leaving mids clear and intact. These are just refined+++ E10 with an improvement in soundstage.

So I'm one of those guys who will say: Just go for E80 and forget about anything else.

Using iPod > LOD > FiiO E6. Works great with iPod alone and can be cranked all the way up so no worries about amping there, although it helps in getting a fuller sound.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #182 of 227
E50s impression

Goal: get decent compact travel headphones with mic, replace broken Senn PX200 after many years of use. They were good quality, perfectly isolating and let's say decent sound. Home setup is perfectly isolating Beyer Dt770 and the flawless highest end open air Senn Hd700 on Presonus HP4.

So I never had IEMs and decided to try those for travel or office purposes. Of course looked at Senn Momentus as a natural choice, but then I've heard of greatness of emerging brands like SoundMagic or Vsonic. Got original E50s (I tend to choose 2nd best type to avoid AKG type of analytical fatiguing sound, hence I don't have HD800 nor E80 although both may be great) for 40 bucks. Happy to receive lot of accessories, wonderful android/iPhone switch and great build quality which bit reminds me of Senn standards. Sound is much better than PX200, actually closer to HD700s:) Not that overall listening excitement and performance as with desktop speakers, but shockingly enough for tiny speakers. Bass very strong and precise, blending well with usually intimate vocals. Lot of detail to be heard. Jazz, folk, country and such sounds great. Pop rock sounds great for newer recordings, the old ones are mixed (even within same album), as the way of recording changed here since 90s. I suspect some guitar songs where high lows are instantly triggered make the overall hearing veiled. Want to check this further. Hip hop, electronic sound great. Some songs (again, older) sible and some need lot of volume to undull because of ohms, which makes ears sweat. Overall I am happy and see very high value in them for price.

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #183 of 227
Just about to get some E10 on the cheap and to revisit the Soundmagic sound. If it all goes well I will probably end up buying the E50.

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #184 of 227
  Thanks for the client’s love and support for E10. To extend the successful and awards* of E10,
SoundMAGIC has based on this successful model to further develop E50S and E80S in 2015.
They are imbued with SoundMAGIC on acoustic know-how.

Hello Gary,

I just want you to know that I am one very satisfied buyer of your E80.  It is my least expensive purchase for an IEM but I must admit, I prefer it more than most of my other more expensive ones. Using it with my M3, X1, X3K and X5K and the E10K, I simply cannot find any fault for what I paid for it.  There are days I will try more expensive IEMs just to convince myself why I paid more for those :)  

The size, weight, cable quality and fit of the E80 prove that your team did an excellent job without needing to bleed my wallet :)

Many thanks!

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #185 of 227
  Hello Gary,

I just want you to know that I am one very satisfied buyer of your E80.  It is my least expensive purchase for an IEM but I must admit, I prefer it more than most of my other more expensive ones. Using it with my M3, X1, X3K and X5K and the E10K, I simply cannot find any fault for what I paid for it.  There are days I will try more expensive IEMs just to convince myself why I paid more for those :)  

The size, weight, cable quality and fit of the E80 prove that your team did an excellent job without needing to bleed my wallet :)

Many thanks!

Agreed with you. Every time I'm coming back to E80, I'm awe with the sound that it produced although I have much more expensive iem.

May 10, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #186 of 227
I got my E80's 2 days ago. they sound great , but the treble is too hot for me. i use the wide bore tips. 
My Dunu Titan 1's treble extends even higher, but it does not sound as peaky as the E80s.
Loved the deliciously tuned mids though. Liquid! i wish the highs were as smooth as the mids. i have been using them for 2 days already. still no improvement in the treble department. i so want to like the sound, but the treble is not letting me :frowning2:

May 10, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #187 of 227
  I got my E80's 2 days ago. they sound great , but the treble is too hot for me. i use the wide bore tips. 
My Dunu Titan 1's treble extends even higher, but it does not sound as peaky as the E80s.
Loved the deliciously tuned mids though. Liquid! i wish the highs were as smooth as the mids. i have been using them for 2 days already. still no improvement in the treble department. i so want to like the sound, but the treble is not letting me :frowning2:

Have you tried the narrow bore?

May 13, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #189 of 227
Well, just bought my first Soundmagic IEM, the E80S, to be delivered tomorrow...

Quite fun, going back into this territory, bought seven pairs of IEMs in the past week...

Judging by the verdict of this thread, I'm hoping for good things from these :)

May 15, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #190 of 227
I would like to report again that the sibilance issue is gone and they sound very smooth now. Burn in really helped tame the sibilance.

May 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #192 of 227
Glad to hear that. Enjoy your e80

Breath taking sound quality at such an affordable price. This hidden gem is not very popular here sadly.
They compete directly against my Dunu titan 1 and Fidue A73. I prefer the mids on the E80 actually. Very smooth yet detailed.

May 15, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #193 of 227
Breath taking sound quality at such an affordable price. This hidden gem is not very popular here sadly.
They compete directly against my Dunu titan 1 and Fidue A73. I prefer the mids on the E80 actually. Very smooth yet detailed.
The mids on e80 is what we crave about. The mids is just right with its top notch clarity.

May 19, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #195 of 227
The mids are more akin to Sennheiser's mids. They sound too smooth. People say the mids are rich, but i am not noticing that. i wish they were though. They are amazingly natural and clear with no coloration, but sometimes they sound kinda dull. That could be because I am spoilt by the DT 150's euphonic sound. Anyone know an IEM with very rich and smooth mids? im looking for the tube like sound in an iem.. budget is $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back