SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series
May 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #196 of 227
I would like to report again that the sibilance issue is gone and they sound very smooth now. Burn in really helped tame the sibilance.
To save me reading through, how long did you give for it to clear up?

Thanks.

May 20, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #198 of 227
The mids are more akin to Sennheiser's mids. They sound too smooth. People say the mids are rich, but i am not noticing that. i wish they were though. They are amazingly natural and clear with no coloration, but sometimes they sound kinda dull. That could be because I am spoilt by the DT 150's euphonic sound. Anyone know an IEM with very rich and smooth mids? im looking for the tube like sound in an iem.. budget is $500.

I have to agree with you. I enjoyed the detailed, natural, clear mids on the e80 but felt they were boring. I guess I just like warmer, smooth mids more.

May 21, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #199 of 227
I have to agree with you. I enjoyed the detailed, natural, clear mids on the e80 but felt they were boring. I guess I just like warmer, smooth mids more.

I wouldn't call them boring. They really pop up with acoustic music. yea, with some music, they might sound dull to some ears. That is because they don't have much warmth, but if i had to rate those mids, I would still give them 5/5. They are very liquid, natural and clear. Pure bliss when listening to acoustic music. I am a mids lover. I have heard/owned many iems and headphones that have amazing mids including Fidue A73, Shure SE 535, Dunu titan1, DT 150, HD 598, HD 650, T1, AKG K1K, LCD2 and 3. I think mids is where the real magic happens and the E80s mids are one of the best mids I have heard regardless the price.
Now to new owners, please dont give up on the iem early. They really need burn in, atleast 40 hours to sound its best. They might start with a bright sound that is somewhat sibilant.  Also, after sometime - they might become too smooth or muted. You might be like - where have the details gone?  but finally after 40 hours, the highs really pop out, they dont sound sibilant at all like before. Infact-they are very smooth with sweet sparkle at top end . The sound is perfect for acoustic music, can easily make acoustic music lovers wet(lol)
So be patient, give them some time. This iem easily has one of the best mids ever produced. I am also a fan of their sweet but detailed treble. I am going to do a review on them soon.

May 21, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #200 of 227
I wouldn't call them boring. They really pop up with acoustic music. yea, with some music, they might sound dull to some ears. That is because they don't have much warmth, but if i had to rate those mids, I would still give them 5/5. They are very liquid, natural and clear. Pure bliss when listening to acoustic music. I am a mids lover. I have heard/owned many iems and headphones that have amazing mids including Fidue A73, Shure SE 535, Dunu titan1, DT 150, HD 598, HD 650, T1, AKG K1K, LCD2 and 3. I think mids is where the real magic happens and the E80s mids are one of the best mids I have heard regardless the price.
Now to new owners, please dont give up on the iem early. They really need burn in, atleast 40 hours to sound its best. They might start with a bright sound that is somewhat sibilant.  Also, after sometime - they might become too smooth or muted. You might be like - where have the details gone?  but finally after 40 hours, the highs really pop out, they dont sound sibilant at all like before. Infact-they are very smooth with sweet sparkle at top end . The sound is perfect for acoustic music, can easily make acoustic music lovers wet(lol)
So be patient, give them some time. This iem easily has one of the best mids ever produced. I am also a fan of their sweet but detailed treble. I am going to do a review on them soon.

The burn-in makes sense. I've been skeptical of burn-in and found the E80's to be very detailed but would describe them as dry and sibilant. I love mids and definitely did not experience them as being liquid. At the same time, I would say the mids as well as the headphones were decent for the price, but I ended up returning them as they weren't enjoyable to me. Only used them for maybe a couple hours before I decided not to keep them.

May 21, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #201 of 227
The burn-in makes sense. I've been skeptical of burn-in and found the E80's to be very detailed but would describe them as dry and sibilant. I love mids and definitely did not experience them as being liquid. At the same time, I would say the mids as well as the headphones were decent for the price, but I ended up returning them as they weren't enjoyable to me. Only used them for maybe a couple hours before I decided not to keep them.

They never sounded dry to me. The treble was a bit hot out of the box, but it settled down after sometime. You might not have given them enough time to settle or gotten a defective pair because the E80 definitely has liquid mids. The midrange reminds me of the HD 598 in many ways except they might not be as warm , but can get really close.

May 21, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #202 of 227
I wonder if I didn't get a good fit/seal. The sound I experienced was much thinner and different than I'm hearing from other descriptions. I tried several different tips but maybe I gave up too soon.

May 25, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #203 of 227
 ​
 ​
efa26ee8-fab2-4536-9d61-9e2d1c7c9396.jpg

SoundMAGIC announce new C model earphones with unique universal compatibility

​
a3fafce4-6c41-4fdb-ad26-e7d1db89c219.png

Three new models offer a mic and three button remote with intelligent switching for compatibility with all smartphones.

​

E10C - The classic, upgraded

c4d0b72a-2471-46f2-a90f-ddf3fbcf5737.png

For the last 6 years, the SoundMAGIC E10 has offered listeners impressive bass and engaging treble at an extremely affordable price. Winning countless awards, the E10 has become the go-to earphone for music fans who want a fun and exciting listening experience.

Now, the E10C retains the award-winning performance of previous E10 models and adds a three button mic and remote compatible with all smartphones, allowing the listener to adjust volume, skip tracks, start and stop their music and answer phone calls on the go.

The E10C will be available from early June 2016 for £39.99​

​
 ​

E50C - A sophisticated experience

527b54df-a7ab-441d-a422-42f260ef715b.png

The SoundMAGIC E50 has become known as an outstanding earphone for those listeners who demand a more refined sound. Described as a "bigger brother" to the E10, the E50 offers a detailed midrange and superb separation between instruments.

As with the other new C models, the E50C will automatically detect which type of smartphone the listener is using and will switch accordingly to guarantee compatibility for the three-button remote control and microphone.

The E50C will be available from early July  2016 for £49.99 ​

​

E80C - The best of the best

828a31b2-dda1-44ce-bb1c-320c640c65d2.png

Combining elements of the engaging sound of the E10 and the superior detail of the E50, the SoundMAGIC E80 is the pinnacle of the SoundMAGIC in-ear range.

The new E80C adds an in-line three button remote and microphone making it perfect for listeners who demand unparalleled audio performance and universally compatible features. The SoundMAGIC E80C is the best of the best.

The E80C will be available from early August 2016 for £69.99​

​

About SoundMAGIC​

685b6345-e385-4039-aa9d-446d2f55fa5c.jpg
Founded in 2005 by acoustic design engineer Tony Xu, SoundMAGIC design and manufacture products that aim to deliver performance beyond customer expectations. By utilising the latest technology and best materials, SoundMAGIC are continuously improving and updating these products based on customer feedback.

With awards and recommendations from What Hi-Fi?, Stuff magazine, T3, Trusted Reviews and AV Forums, SoundMAGIC headphones deliver immersive sound quality, outstanding durability and stylish aesthetics, consistently outperforming similar products from established competitors.​

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #206 of 227
Funnily, I was going to say that I've got a new found love for the E80S, sound fantastic with the LG hifi DAC module, as the 64ohm impedance swaps the DAC into high impedance mode.

Scary high volume achievable, not so good, but gobs of top quality detail on offer.

Happy times

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #209 of 227

Try looking up RE-0 reviews/forums and see if any of the reviewers/posters had both things and get them on this thread. :p

No chance, the RE-0 were released about 8 years ago and this is so new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back